Why become a member? ×

Big baby 2 vs supercompact

Radchenko

[quote name='pineweasel' timestamp='1507533197' post='3386023']
What about a Super Twin?
[/quote]

The Super Twin definitely has more 'presence' than the Super Compact, I have both and prefer the 'oomph' of the Twin, but for small gigs, the Compact is easier to transport. Had I bought the compact first, I would simply have bought another for the bigger venues, but as I started out with the Twin, I now have the option of 1, 2, or 3 speakers!

I would personally recommend getting a second SC as I did. One sounds great but with two the sound has a lot more bottom end/heft :)
As for having a small car, normally I drive a Qashqai but occasionally I have to use the wife's Smart Roadster and can get both cabs, my amp, bass and bag of leads and floor pedals in there. I think there is probably enough room in your car for 2 cabs.

• 3 weeks later...

I would get the BB2 if you want more "air", if by "air" you mean a little more top end definition. I have a BB2 and can get away with the horn turned off with new roundwounds, but as they age, or in certain rooms, a little bit of horn makes all the difference. With old strings the horn is usually between quarter and half on. I had the same issue with my Mk2 1x15 compact, it needed the midget T with tweeter to get the definition I was looking for. I've been using BF cabs for 6 or 7 years now, excellent cabs :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/11/2017 at 22:08, Radchenko said:

testing my supercompact with my mesa boogie d800 is killing. Great combination. Better than compact. Really good sound!

+1

Mesa Subway D800 into one or two Super Compacts produces a huge sound with a variety of tones that should satisfy most bassists playing a wide range of rock, blues, pop, funk or jazz.

Absolutely a lovely combination!!!

• 1 year later...