Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ibanez ATK300 - Lots of Bass for £220
£230

adamg67

NOW SOLD

This is probably a bit of a "no introduction needed" bass, famous as the poor man's Stringray because of the big bridge pickup. I bought this one on BC to learn slap bass and it was great for that, as well as giving good picked / rock tone. It's currently got Elixir stainless strings on it.

This is the original ATK, with the 3 coil/blade pickup with the selector switch, you might think that can't make much difference, but it actually does give you a nice set of (slightly) different tones. I'm only selling it because I've bought a Maruszczyk with a bridge humbucker - so it's being bumped by a bass about 4x the RRP and 8x what this is on for, and I'm still a bit sad - I'm a big fan of Ibanez, I'll still have 2 x SRC6, an RGIB6 and a BTB456. It's not light at 4.9kg.

There are a few small marks on it and a few marks on the lower frets, I'd hesitate to say it's fret wear as it still plays perfectly, but in any case I'd really prefer someone to try it out before buying.

Currently has Marvel strap lock buttons, I can swap those for the normal strap buttons or leave them on and provide the rest of the strap locks to go with them. There's a nice strap that I'd part with as well for an extra tenner.

There is a Stagg hard case I could ship it in, but shipping's not included in the price as is and collection is much better, so you can see what you're getting. It's in BD20 (Silsden, West Yorks) but I'm pretty flexible about travelling a bit if someone is serious and wants to try it.

£220 collected.

Feedback thread link is below

NOW SOLD

Edited by adamg67

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1509622481' post='3400344']
These are great basses. Kick MM's arse in my experience (back to back testing).
[/quote]

Yeah, I was very tempted to keep it but I am determined to reduce the amount of stuff I own and it overlaps too much with the new bass, plus I'm into 5 strings now. Someone will enjoy it.