Why become a member? ×

I bought a hat

Clarky72

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1507346197' post='3384903']
How can you 2 pages from this.?
[/quote]

Stranger things have happened. Anyway, If you doubt the relevance of the thread, pop down to the local tonight If there is a band on. If they are a middle aged bunch, and they probably will be, you can bet your house there will be at least one hat and probably also a waistcoat amongst the stage attire. :D Unless of course its my band.. ;)

Edited by mikel

[quote name='MoonBassAlpha' timestamp='1507368734' post='3384967']
Check out one of the long standing local covers bands:
[url="http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/leisure/musics/music/10616159.Pete_Fryer_Band__Still_rocking_out_after_a_near_50_year_music_career/"]http://www.oxfordmai...r_music_career/[/url]
Note the leather trousers for completion of the ensemble...
[/quote]

That's bit too local, I grew up near Florence Park and know the guy's brother, and his band.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1507346197' post='3384903']
How can you 2 pages from this.?
[/quote]

Unremarkable, really. I started a thread about underpants ages ago which went to 4 pages...

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/170804-boxer-shorts-or-pantspanties-and-why/

Some waistcoat content here from yours truly. I would have been in my mid-late 40s at the time, but the drummer (who was barely 20 IIRC) had no excuse whatsoever. If you need to know, mine was a fetching little number in fake velvet and denim; his was from one of his dad's suits I think. Don't think I ever wore a hat though - I used to sweat buckets as it was! So did the singer: didn't stop him though. :huh:

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiMLy1kvTVY"][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiMLy1kvTVY[/media][/url]

I tried the shades at an actual gig once. Had to take them off after about 10 seconds of the first number as I couldn't see a f***ing thing.

Happy days!

Edited by leftybassman392

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1507376408' post='3385029']
Swap the fedora for a fodera to be even more uncool!
[/quote]

I know he is from down under, but surely, even he doesn't want to walk around with a Bass Guitar on his head..... :huh:

I suppose if he hangs cork from it, it would then look Australian cool. :D

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1507369212' post='3384969']
I grew up near Florence Park and know the guy's brother, and his band.
[/quote]

Good grief. I worked for Oxford Council back in the early 80's as a maintenance gardener and Flo Park was where i worked. And i still wore a hat

Edited by fleabag

Three pages and still going strong. Gotta love BC :D

Can I add shades to the equation? We did a charity gig on Friday night, the other band's bassist was not only sporting a fine leather waistcoat, but also shades. Clearly vital on a dark stage at 10pm.

The cheeky scallywag was also bald a coot but with no hat, the brazen cheek of it!

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1507534443' post='3386034']
The cheeky scallywag was also bald a coot but with no hat, the brazen cheek of it!
[/quote]

Quite. The number of people blatantly exposing their hairless heads in public and on TV really boils my goat. These people obviously have no intention of wearing a hat or a decent wig, either of which should be compulsory for the follically-challenged. A change in the law is long overdue - if you're a shiny-headed chrome-dome slaphead and appear in public without adequately covering your shame, you should be prosecuted as far as the law allows. And further.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Dan Dare' timestamp='1507494850' post='3385910']
And a dodgy moustache. Not only that, the bugger's PLAYING WITH A PICK. Bastard.
[/quote]

No - I am bunching my fist in case someone made a comment about my music stand.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1507497510' post='3385935']
Good thing his music stand is out of shot ...
[/quote]

Oh dear...

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1507543410' post='3386116']
...I posted a pic in this thread in which I am wearing a hat, a waistcoat, shades AND playing with a pick. And what is more, I am not in the least bit ashamed of myself!
[/quote]

And why would you be? You're not bald.