Why become a member? ×

I bought a hat

Clarky72

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1507236325' post='3384211']
We have a rule in our band, more of a law actually. No hats and no waistcoats. Nothing screams "Late middle aged rocker" more than those two items. And yes I am 65, and bald.
[/quote]

that's me buggered then, waistcoats for years and for my Birthday this year...A Terry Pratchett hat!![url=https://imgur.com/IZt2N5O][/url]

Edited by Oopsdabassist

How do we know that's your hat. ? :)
I think we need to see a pic with you wearing your hat and holding your bass.

That could just be a random image of Marcus's own hat. :D :D :D

Out of curiosity what style of music are you playing ?

Dave
PS I'm more the mullet image i'm afraid. :P

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1507245347' post='3384291']
You [b]are[/b] in trouble, but not because of [b]that[/b], cos [b]that[/b] is Robbie Fripp and it's me who's fat and 61. :)
[/quote]

Funny that. I was just going to post that from the photo you are almost a ringer for Mr Fripp. Seems Mr Fripp is a ringer for himself. :D

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1507296359' post='3384597']
Did someone say something about waistcoats and hats together??

[attachment=255082:DSC_0562.jpg]
[/quote]

You seem to pull it off though FinnDave, the hair, the beard & the shades go well with the hat n waistcoat look.
I used to have the hair but it slipped off the back of my head!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1507326538' post='3384865']Get a wig to wear when you're with the GF... :D[/quote][quote name='DaytonaRik' timestamp='1507326707' post='3384866']Funnily enough she has suggested this...again, I think not![/quote]

Ah, go on... you could have a selection... a mullet, a beehive, Elvis quiff, Jedward, monk's tonsure... your GF could have a different man every day of the week! :biggrin:

[quote name='mikel' timestamp='1507236325' post='3384211']
We have a rule in our band, more of a law actually. No hats and no waistcoats. Nothing screams "Late middle aged rocker" more than those two items. And yes I am 65, and bald.
[/quote]

I wore a Fedora in bands when I was 25 . Alright, NOW I am middle aged . But I no longer care what anyone on a forum thinks. Now, get off my lawn or fire the drummer. Damn kids.