Why become a member? ×

Jack Casady

Bassmonkey

Hi all - I recently bought a Casady from Basschats own Mickeyboro. I was surprised at how sweetly it plays. I didn't especially like the amber knobs that come as standard so made a few aesthetic changes by adding a black switch control plate, black jack washer, new knobs and had a new custom pick guard made in black.

Now looks badass and proud.

Hope you approve. I think these are great value for money.

Andy [attachment=255034:IMG_0622.JPG]

[quote name='fftc' timestamp='1507197369' post='3383807']
Awesome!

Now, about that pick-up. :lol:
[/quote]

I know - I contacted Epi and they don't sell the bits separately including the pickup despite the fact that they range them. I'd defo be buying a black one should one ever come up for sale. Not holding my breath though. Ha ha

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1507413726' post='3385378']
I have a naked Jack Casady in need of a refinish. Hopefully it will one day turn up in here (unless anybody wants a naked Jack Casady?). I'm thinking Olive Drab or Gretsch Orange for mine, once I work out what is going on with it.
[/quote]
I’d love to see that. Gretsch Orange would be my choice. Is it stripped right back? Andy

[quote name='Bassmonkey' timestamp='1507196798' post='3383802']
Hi all - I recently bought a Casady from Basschats own Mickeyboro. I was surprised at how sweetly it plays. I didn't especially like the amber knobs that come as standard so made a few aesthetic changes by adding a black switch control plate, black jack washer, new knobs and had a new custom pick guard made in black.

Now looks badass and proud.

Hope you approve. I think these are great value for money.

Andy [attachment=255034:IMG_0622.JPG]
[/quote]

Looks great, would you mind telling me where you sourced the parts from?

I used a Les Paul switch plate I had (Treble/Rhythm) just turned it over. Already had the vintage looking knobs. Bought a black jack socket washer and nut from eBay as a pick guard bracket in black. All bought for pence. The pick guard its self came from Jacksinstrumentsupplies.com. Great and easy to deal with. Sent my original and they copied it to spec and returned them both in about a week. Cost was just £29 then I transferred the Epiphone logo from my original. Hope that helps. Andy

[quote name='Bassmonkey' timestamp='1507645737' post='3386959']
I used a Les Paul switch plate I had (Treble/Rhythm) just turned it over. Already had the vintage looking knobs. Bought a black jack socket washer and nut from eBay as a pick guard bracket in black. All bought for pence. The pick guard its self came from Jacksinstrumentsupplies.com. Great and easy to deal with. Sent my original and they copied it to spec and returned them both in about a week. Cost was just £29 then I transferred the Epiphone logo from my original. Hope that helps. Andy
[/quote]

Great stuff, thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

At last my "stealth Jack Casady" is complete. I bought another in white and swapped things around. I love em both. Think the cream on white looks great. Hope you approve. Thx to The Greek and MB1 of this parish for their help in getting me the white one. Great forum guys. Andy 

IMG_7458.JPG

Edited by Bassmonkey
Add a pic
  • Like 2