Why become a member? ×

Bloodstone - anyone tried their pickups?

anzoid

I'm on the look out for a PJ set for one of my basses and found this: http://www.bloodstoneguitarworks.com

Anyone used their pickups? Price looks competitive with the likes of Seymour Duncan, EMG and DiMarzio - so around £120 for a PJ set.
Appears they'll do custom windings too at the same (or similar??) price.

Search doesn't throw up any hits at all...

I’ve always supported smaller British business where i can; Shuker, MJW, DHA, Hot Rod (Pickups), Barefaced, Etc.

I’d be on the phone to Bloodstone telling him your preferences, asking for some advice and seeing what he comes up with.

I really value being able to discuss the products I buy with the man that makes them.

If it doesn’t work out for you try Hot Rod pickups in Colchester. I have a set of Nighttrain PJ pups from there and they are fabulous. I also have a custom set of Jazz pups from HR too, just no Jazz to put them in!

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1507730952' post='3387569']
I've always supported smaller British business where i can; Shuker, MJW, DHA, Hot Rod (Pickups), Barefaced, Etc.

I'd be on the phone to Bloodstone telling him your preferences, asking for some advice and seeing what he comes up with.

I really value being able to discuss the products I buy with the man that makes them.

If it doesn't work out for you try Hot Rod pickups in Colchester. I have a set of Nighttrain PJ pups from there and they are fabulous. I also have a custom set of Jazz pups from HR too, just no Jazz to put them in!
[/quote]

@Sean, I've been looking at getting another P/J and going for the Nighttrain pickups - a useable tone from the P when I need it, and not too scooped?

[quote name='foxyFuze' timestamp='1507734905' post='3387604']

@Sean, I've been looking at getting another P/J and going for the Nighttrain pickups - a useable tone from the P when I need it, and not too scooped?
[/quote]

Definitely not scooped. Through your GK it’ll be like 1987 all over again ;-)