Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn! 1978 fender jazz bass
£800

Bassman666

Howdy people! Decision has been made to try and move this on to someone who will give it some use! It's a 1978 fender jazz bass. As far as I know, it's completely original apart from abit of solder on the pots. It's a heavy beast (I'll try and weigh it by the weekend) however has an unbelievable aggressive tone! Cuts through a mix so well. Plays great and everything works as it should. The paint is in a very heavily worn/aged condition, it adds to the mojo however if you want a mint bass then look away now before your eyes are offended.Comes with the hardcase shown, collection prefered due to the condition as I would prefer a buyer to see it. Can get more pictures if required. Really after a cash sale however I'm only human and may take trades so PM me. Thanks!

Edited by Bassman666

This was mine for many years. I bought it from Andy's in Denmark St in 2003-ish, and had the Allparts body put on by a luthier in Putney. It's a four bolt body, but he made it work by filling two holes and drilling a new one.

It really does sound fantastic. I had it set up by Charlie Chandler a couple of years ago and the techs couldn't stop playing it.

[quote name='Brother Jones' timestamp='1506971412' post='3382464']
This was mine for many years. I bought it from Andy's in Denmark St in 2003-ish, and had the Allparts body put on by a luthier in Putney. It's a four bolt body, but he made it work by filling two holes and drilling a new one.

It really does sound fantastic. I had it set up by Charlie Chandler a couple of years ago and the techs couldn't stop playing it.
[/quote]

I remember that bass very well, and yes, it's worth a whole lot more than £800...

I’m a bit lost here / apologies if I’m being dumb :(

The headline listing says £1,300 but the opening price or trade value is £800 and someone seems to be saying it has an Allparts body which would suggest it’s not a complete ‘78 bass?

No apology needed, it's my bad, I probably should've started a new ad! I originally listed it at 800 however after some research and messages/advice from a few people I had seriously undervalued it so have put a price I feel is more fair for both me and buyer as I'm not fond of seeing myself out of money! You won't find a cheaper one. It is all original, I also have an allparts body that I can include at asking price. Hope that helps!