Why become a member? ×

NBD EB Music Man Sterling 5 HH Starry Night

Muppet

Never felt the need to do a NBD post before as nothing I have is ever that special, but....

I finally got one. Sterling 5 HH Starry Night. Roasted maple neck, ebony fretboard, no markers! Photographing the 'sparkle' is very difficult - it's a lot deeper than it appears. It's a bit in your face but perfect for a funk and disco band...

Lovely!!!

I have a strict second hand basses only rule now but when that finish came out i nearly caved in and ordered a Stingray - i would have just sat there gazing at it :-)

Just gotta wait a few years until someone offloads a used one i guess....sigh......

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1506802389' post='3381271']
The neck is finished differently to the headstock,,so I guess that’s why there’s two different shades.,the guitars are the same from what I’ve seen.
[/quote]

Apart from the Classic series, which have fully lacquered necks, and standard Bongo basses painted necks) all MM basses (and guitars) have the head stocks lacquered and the remainder of the neck has an oil and wax finish. There's a far more pronounced join between the two finishes on a roasted maple neck (although this one looks a lot lighter in colour than the one on my Neptine Blue Sabre).

Such a cool bass - congratulations.

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1506952561' post='3382228']
Loving that Sterling! I use my 'Starry Night' Ray4 in a Glam band - looks awesome with good lighting.
[/quote]

They certainly do!

My local shop has a Ray 4 in this colour waiting for the right owner....

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1506958544' post='3382313']
I looked the pics and thought, 'if only it was a 4' then I see Muppets post, and I'm thinking

'Your local shop being?.........' :)
[/quote]

MusicStreet Huntingdon. It's a Ray 4 mind, not a Sterling....

I work in Milton Keynes if you ever wanted to check the finish out for real......;)