Why become a member? ×

La Bella Tapewound String - 50's or 60's that is the question.

largo

Having used Status Half-rounds for a few years, it would seem they no longer sell these on their website. Bugger!

So a quick review online and thanks to mccnach (cheers Jose) I think I'm going to try the La Bella White Tapewounds. However, the 50's are marked as being light and the 60's are standard & reviews suggest the 50's are low tension. Anybody got any advice on which string size I should go for, I'm usually a 40 or 45 type of guy.

Cheers.

[quote name='largo' timestamp='1506613621' post='3379968']
Having used Status Half-rounds for a few years, it would seem they no longer sell these on their website. Bugger!

So a quick review online and thanks to mccnach (cheers Jose) I think I'm going to try the La Bella White Tapewounds. However, the 50's are marked as being light and the 60's are standard & reviews suggest the 50's are low tension. Anybody got any advice on which string size I should go for, I'm usually a 40 or 45 type of guy.

Cheers.
[/quote]

I'm a 45-100/105 roundwounds type of guy and the Labella white nylons I got are the "750T" version (50-65-85-105). That's definitely lower tension than anything else I normally use. Noticeably. However I find that I love the feel. I need to adjust the truss rod a tiny bit, but that's all, and the lower tension just encourages a smoother softer type of playing, and string bending if you're so inclined ;)