Why become a member? ×

New Darkglass Products.....

Cuzzie

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1506516295' post='3379271']
[url="https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/DG-410CAB/bass-cabs/darkglass-dg-410c-4x10-bass-cab?_ga=2.149573302.1069399008.1506431566-637290218.1490189901"]https://www.anderton...0218.1490189901[/url]

Jeeeeeeessss!
[/quote]

Almost the same as the Euro conversion then.

No way is that selling enough. DG appear to have jumped the shark.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1506516295' post='3379271']
[url="https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/DG-410CAB/bass-cabs/darkglass-dg-410c-4x10-bass-cab?_ga=2.149573302.1069399008.1506431566-637290218.1490189901"]https://www.anderton...0218.1490189901[/url]

Jeeeeeeessss!
[/quote]

I'll second that!
I wonder they're smoking?! Are there any other 4x10s out there that cost that much?

Eude

Personally, I would have opted for a more modern take on a bass cabinet. For that money they could have refined a more Barefaced type approach, or even Genz/Genzler, instead of just a decent 4x10 that weighs far too much.

I think their tone would be great through a more modern bass orientated cab like a 2x12 with a mid/HF type arrangement, specially designed and tuned. Neo speakers, lightweight and well braced.

No idea what the point is of yet another 4x10. You'd be better getting the lighter BF.

I do applaud them for such a well marketed bass product range, but it's not really my type of tone.

E.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FN2KFdgtms

I can't handle the bass just following guitar chugs. Dave is a great player but this music just washes over my head and I love metal, hardcore and more importantly punk.

Very niche. They should have aimed the new products at general players and demo'd clean. The Lakky sounds great though! Nice to see a decent 4 string P bass being used instead of a Dingwall.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1506516684' post='3379278']

I'll second that!
I wonder they're smoking?! Are there any other 4x10s out there that cost that much?

Eude
[/quote]

Outside Berg/VdK, there's Aguilar.
You know what you get with Berg/VdK and the Aguilar weighs 22kg, so has that going in it's favour.

Surely not many people paying that for a heavy 4x10.

Edited by M@23

Here I go again.......

The cabs are made in the UK

410 is $1399 in US and £1295 at Andertons looking at a conversion rate why is it pro rata £250 cheaper in the US considering they are made on these shores.....

I’m not knocking the product, I have not heard enough and they may be worth the money, but....:

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1506521400' post='3379313']
Here I go again.......

The cabs are made in the UK

410 is $1399 in US and £1295 at Andertons looking at a conversion rate why is it pro rata £250 cheaper in the US considering they are made on these shores.....

I'm not knocking the product, I have not heard enough and they may be worth the money, but....:
[/quote]

Vat.

US prices don't have VAT.

It just seems that if they are being made here they are still applying the same shipping overhead to all of them.

The same waffle from the group of reasons car manufacturers have used for decades to justify ripping the UK consumer off I imagine: err exchange rates, tax, distribution deals etc. I honestly don't know - it's very frustrating.

And yes - US prices are all before sales tax: when online purchasing I think you only pay if you are resident in the state they come from. Or something like that. It does vary by State, County and City.

Edited by Daz39

[quote name='Daz39' timestamp='1506521665' post='3379317']The same waffle from the group of reasons car manufacturers have used for decades to justify ripping the UK consumer off[/quote]It's not the car makers you have an issue with, it's the revenuers. Maybe it's time to fill the Thames with tea. <_<
[quote]US prices are all before sales tax: when online purchasing I think you only pay if you are resident in the state they come from. Or something like that. It does vary by State, County and City.
[/quote]It's no longer like that. By and large internet sellers have to collect sales tax, both state and local, of the buyers residence. I avoid that by living in New Hampshire, which constitutionally does not allow broad base taxes. The only major taxes are on lodging and meals, which means they're mostly paid by tourists. :)

As for these speakers, I don't see the point. They carry a price tag that could only be justified if they had new and/or superior technology, and there's no evidence of that.

Seems like where Darkglass preamp pedals were created by passion for sound, the amps & cabs have been created with a passion for money.

This is the first bit of blurb about the 4x10 on the DG website...

[font=Ubuntu, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5]"Cabinets are probably the most underrated link on a musician’s signal chain: we players obsess relentlessly about instruments, pedals and amplifiers, not realizing that without speakers all of these elements merely generate or process electric signals."[/size][/font]

Obviously whomever wrote that has never visited any bass forum, let alone BC

Reading further, there's nothing to suggest that they've taken a similar approach as Barefaced have when putting drivers side by side to improve dispersion, so therefor, appears to be just another 4x10 but way overpriced.

There have been comments on other threads that the design of the Darkglass amps appears to have been inspired by some of Apple's products.
Looks like DG have also been influenced by their pricing structure :blink:

Do I hear the POP of the Darkglass bubble bursting :o

I must be missing something here, are these cabs not basically the same price if not a little cheaper than the berg/ vanderkley equivalent??

Edit: so Bass Direct have the equivalent Berg listed as £1499 so DG have come in cheaper, which is cool ☺

Edited by Kev

[quote name='jay&#045;syncro' timestamp='1506518953' post='3379299']
Andertons Prices:

M900 - £795
M500 - £749

....Wtf?
[/quote]

No doubt they'll sort this out... By hiking the price of the M900 most likely...

I think if the 500 watt amp could have been brought in around the £500 mark they'd have made a killing. As it is I don't see where this is pitched exactly. As has been pointed out already it adds a headphone out, which is kind of pointless without an aux in, and fixes an issue in the M900. Maybe in true Apple style they'll say that's a feature rather than fixing a f**k up?

Edited by Bigwan