Why become a member? ×

Band Politics

KingPrawn

I've said it before but I am in the best band I have ever been in.

It's not just that we're all really good at what we do, we all get on fantastically well yet we couldn't be more different individually.

Our drummer and singer are 31, the guitarist has just turned 40, I'm 42 and the keyboard player is 50. We all listen to completely different music and if I had to be honest, there isn't a single song on our set list that I would listen to outside the band yet I love playing everything.

I've never been closer musically or emotionally to my drummer than I am now. She is one of the most incredible people that I have ever met, we get on great and we play really well together - we all play really well together.

I've been really luck to have played with a lot of great musicians over the past nearly 30 years and some completely sh*t ones as well but this is the best period of my life as far as making music with some great friends goes. Life is good.

If your in a working band thats been together, gigging for several years and you understand each other's playing style can play off of each other on the fly and knock your material out of the park.

They'll bee someone in the band that doesn't get how rare and hard that is to come by and will think nothing of throwing it all the way.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1506552223' post='3379572']
I think I'm 64.

Blue
[/quote]I've often wondered what age people start happily giving their age as opposed to keeping it secret, must admit I thought it was older than 64, I certainly don't give my age away very easily

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1506554328' post='3379583']
I've often wondered what age people start happily giving their age as opposed to keeping it secret, must admit I thought it was older than 64, I certainly don't give my age away very easily
[/quote]

I'm 64, my first live performance on bass in front of an audience was in 1965. It was so cool to be a part of the excitement. The excitement we created for our class mates and just the time, being 11 years old standing up there with electric guitars, just like the guys on TV.

I get the same feeling of excitement and fun at every gig today.

Blue

[quote name='Trueno' timestamp='1506422146' post='3378560']
Sounds like heaven... and the only scenario that would entice me back into a band. Give them a hug from me!
[/quote]

I did ! they said "what the #$%^ was that for, you turned queer?" (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I replied " a bass player from Yorkshire told me to do that" rotfl

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1506569274' post='3379596']

I did ! they said "what the #$%^ was that for, you turned queer?" (not that there's anything wrong with that)

I replied " a bass player from Yorkshire told me to do that" rotfl
[/quote]

Excellent.... what a band!