Why become a member? ×

Saffire not working through Mac Pro on Sierra...?

bubinga5

Ive just updated my MacPro to Sierra. I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 running into it, but its not recognising the interface.? I can play and hear the bass, but audio/signal from YouTube isn't running through the interface.

Im thinking I need to update the Saffire software.?

Any ideas.?

Edited by bubinga5

I guess so yes, make sure that model is supported by Sierra. It should as Focusrite are usually bang on with updates. My interface, albeit a different model, has been working well.

The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall and then make sure that Focusrite Control is configured correctly.

I take it you've checked Audio / Midi setup on the mac, to check software outputs are correctly routed to the interface and not the built in speakers?

Failing that driver reinstall should hopefully do the trick (I don't use focusrite so can't give more specific advice unfortunately).

I can confirm that the interface should work with sierra as I have it and I have sierra and I recorded some stuff just last night!

Check audio preferences and make sure that the Safire is routed properly. Alongside that try opening the Safire mix control and seeing if that helps. The college I'm the Technician at has a Safire 56 and it only seems to work with the mix control open too!

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1506440797' post='3378769']
Ok thanks guys. Yeah the Mac is only recognising built in speakers. Mix Control won't open either. So I presume it needs a software update.
[/quote]

Indeed it sounds like it. See if you can fully uninstall the existing Mix Control before installing the new update.

You can load drivers which are not OS compliant by unclicking the padlock thing in Security and Privacy in the System Preferences doobrie and allowing Apps downloaded from anywhere.

That is how my Ozonic keyboard/interface lives to fight another day.