Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Precision USA 1983 Cream/Maple
£1200

BenTunnicliffe

--- FINAL PRICE OF £850 BEFORE IT HITS ebay ---

Hi everyone,

I'm moving away from playing bass due to some changes in priority etc and can't stand to have such a nice instrument sat here not being played!

For sale is my 1983 USA Fender Precision that I bought through Bass Direct approx the start of September 2015.

Width at nut is 46mm.
Weighed outside my flat on flat concrete floor and it came out at 4.2kg.

It plays beautifully and I find this particular P to feel very fluid and not remotely cumbersome like some models do. The neck is comfortable, it isn't too heavy but still has that balance of depth and dirt that I frankly think bass guitars should sound have. It's a classic for a reason.

The PBasses of this era had the upgraded Schaller tuners as part of standard issue and to my knowledge this bass is all original.

The bass is with me in Cardiff and I am happy to arrange to meet if anyone would like to try it out. I could meet someone in Bristol if that is more convenient.

Please note as in the pictures that there is some wear and tear to the paintwork on the front of the body and to the fingerboard. I have tried to highlight these issues in the photos so please do view them for your own peace of mind etc.

The Fender hardcase would be included in the price of the sale. I am not open to any trades of any kind, sorry. I'm also not comfortable sending the bass internationally for worry that it could be damaged. I have previously had requests for payment to be sent through and for me to leave the item in the hands of a friend in the UK etc which is still a bit uneasy for me as it convolutes the sale process.

Thanks for reading and I hope this finds a good home!

Cheers.

AUDIO AND IMAGES HERE:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d6xfnrisrs9iuf1/AABHqRZZXu9cfYgyVt6oXHKOa?dl=0

(Audio is the bass recorded through an EQ-less preamp (UA610 solo) into an audio interface and you can hear me alternating between palm muted and pizzicato  then some noodly nonsense)

--- FINAL PRICE OF £850 BEFORE IT HITS ebay ---

Edited by BenTunnicliffe

I've got one almost exactly the same. Ie all the bits look the same, but mine is virtually mint, and I would never sell, it plays the best of any bass I have. The neck is wide but thin and SO resonant. Oh my case is the less useful rectangular one, a right bugger to fit in the boot, your size one fits ok!!

IGNORE!!! - Just weighed it and due to the carpeted floors everywhere in my 1st floor flat I can't get a reliable reading for the weight but it averages around 3.4kg when I weight it in each room of the house haha.

EDIT: Just weighed it outside my flat on the solid concrete pavement and it's 4.2kg unless my scales are knackered.

Edited by BenTunnicliffe

[quote name='BenTunnicliffe' timestamp='1509100613' post='3396588']
Just weighed it and due to the carpeted floors everywhere in my 1st floor flat I can't get a reliable reading for the weight but it averages around 3.4kg when I weight it in each room of the house haha.
[/quote]

It sounds like your carpets are sucking up a lot of weight, lol.

That’s 7.5lbs in imperial measurement scale and I don’t think there’s any Fenders out there under 8 :(

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1509139982' post='3397028']
It sounds like your carpets are sucking up a lot of weight, lol.

That's 7.5lbs in imperial measurement scale and I don't think there's any Fenders out there under 8 :(
[/quote]

You're right, my bad! I took the plunge and took the bass and our scales out into the street and on the concrete pavement it came out at 4.2kg without the hardcase. I looked like quite the weirdo to the people walking past.

Edited by BenTunnicliffe

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, zatoichi said:

Hey Ben I already have something fairly similar but might be tempted to crossgrade if your P has better tone. Do you have any recordings/youtube clips?

Best, Tony

Hi Tony. Audio has now been added to the original topic in the same Dropbox folder as the images.

Edited by BenTunnicliffe