Why become a member? ×

Advice on Korean Squire P please

ead

Hi team BC

I'm on the lookout for a cheapo P bass for some gigs in a couple of 'challenging' venues if that is the right word. I saw this and wondered if it is likely to be OK as bits of it look relatively 'un-worn' plus did they make 2TSB bodies at that time?

As long as it's mildly OK I'll go for it I think but just wanted some help on anything that is a no-no from the congnoscenti on here.

Thanks in advance.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Korean-Squier-Fender-Precision-Bass-Sunburst-Upgrades/302454064072?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.u...119.m1438.l2649[/url]

I`ve found Korean Squiers to be very good - electrics/pickups etc are ok, easily upgraded, but the necks are fantastic, very comfortable and playable. They do seem to be increasing in price too, a couple of years back they were between the £100 - £150 zone, but recently the prices have been creeping up. Another little hidden gem in the Squier/Fender back catalogue.

Thanks folks, these are the things I was wondering about (pickguard bridge etc.). I was aiming for sub £250 and I had noticed Korean Squiers seem to be getting more expensive so I had half an eye on future resale.

Which are the Indonesian ones? Are they the Affinity series?

Edited by ead