Why become a member? ×

Pickup Ramp

davegriffiths91

Hey guys.
Recently picked up an Ibanez 6 string bass which I'm really enjoying.
One thing that does bug me though is the huge gap in between the pick ups, I'd love to have the option of my right hand being smack bang in the middle of pick ups so I'm looking at getting hold of a ramp.
A quick Google search has got me no where so ask you good folk, is there anywhere I can get one made online? I haven't got the facilities for it myself and the local luthier says he doesn't make them!
Thanks
Dave

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1506172165' post='3376856']

I was going to post a thread about this the other day, but didn't get around to it. I'm considering getting a ramp made for one of mine, but didn't know where to go and don't really know if there any issues around marking the finish if it is removed. I don't really want to damage the bass for the sake of a £20 ramp.
[/quote]

Just use double sided sticky tape. Weaken the adhesive a bit first by patting it with your hand,

Use a hairdryer to soften the adhesive before removing the ramp if you take it off,

Edited by ambient

The ramp that came with Roscoe Beck signature used the pickup height screws for attachment, certainly a non invasive means if you can get that worked into the design. However, if one goes the sticky tape avenue, I've read that smooth peanut butter removes any residue and I've had similar good results with sunflower oil.