Why become a member? ×

Any appetite for a double bass bash this year?

Malvis

Or schedule it for a week later to avoid a weekend with 2 events that may thin the attendance for both?I'm still hoping to make it there for the bass bash but haven't booked a flight yet. Looking forward to meeting you folks and can work around any date since my late April gig was cancelled.

Bob

• 1 month later...

Season's Greetings to all from Canada!Winter has truly arrived here in northern Ontario with the daily high temperatures in the -20C range and nights to -30C for the next week or so...brrrrr....lots of snow so winter sports are well underway.

I'm starting to plan the trip to England in April and looking at dates to book flights and accommodation and I'm wondering if the double bass bash dates and location have been finalized as I hope to make it part of my itinerary.Any news?14th?15th?Other?

Thanks

Bob

Sorry for leaving this thread unattended for a while.

Since David Heyes is running a bass workshop in North London on Sunday 15th April, it seems like a better idea to avoid that date.   I suspect there'll be a several basschatters who'd like to be there - I know I would.  The following weekend was suggested, but I have a recording commitment pencilled in then, which could make it tricky for me.  

So, here are two options: Saturday 14th April, or Sunday 22nd.  I may not be able to make the latter date, but I'm happy to help with the organising even if it turns out I can't be there.  One way or another Pete, I'll make sure there's cake.

• Thanks 1

Getting closer to booking a flight and checking out places to stay.At this point I'm OK for the 14th,can we all assume that will be the day?I am flexible now but once the flight is booked it will be harder to change things.Really hoping to make it to this event and enjoy the spring in England but my SLB200 will be home in Canada so I will be bassless in Bicester.

Bob   

Edited by Staggering on

• 2 months later...