Why become a member? ×

Burrito's Modern Retro Collection

Cat Burrito

Okay, so I had a couple of threads in the past with now expired Photobucket links to basses I'd long sold on. I notice we don't seem to have these "own collection" threads quite so much these days but the keyword here is retro. Anyhow, my wife went out with the kids the other day & I snapped this phone pic. I played around with the colour and I thought I'd share it.

From left to right we have Eastwood EEB-1 Ampeg-a-like bass (strung with flats), Rickenbacker 4003s in ruby red, European blonde upright bass, my Gibson Thunderbird, CIJ Fender 50s Precision and Hofner longscale Verythin.

I believe this covers all the basses (ahem!) that I need, although I will add a USA jazz at some point. I did spend 2-3 years playing 2 Squiers to show myself it is the player, not the bass, but it's nice to have the gear you want. If anyone is still reading (& curious), I run it through an Ampeg rig, the Portaflex all valve PF50t head being a favourite.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

That Hofner is lovely.  Now I have GAS...

They seem to average out around £550 but I occasionally see them just under £500. I'd imagine when examples come up secondhand there could be a bargain for someone. It's one of my cheaper instruments but I think it holds it's own against the more expensive stuff. 

• 7 months later...