Why become a member? ×

Paulman Custom 6 String - SOLD
£1000

electricbass

Here we have a [b]Paulman custom J6[/b] string handmade 6 string Jazz style bass, made by the late great Paul Mcnab of Huddesfield.

Originally made as a 5 string, the bass has been professionally converted to a 6 as the neck width and general vibe of the bass allowed it to be so, in fact it asked for it to be so! :D It has made it into an awesome J6!

It's a bit heavy at around 12lb but if that is not a major concern for you, read on...

Originally purchased from Bass Direct a couple of years ago this bass would suit a 6 player who likes a more narrow string spacing, it's 15 - 16mm. It has loads of tone as you'd expect from a huge lump of wood and a filter based preamp and also has a nice bright acoustic tone too.

One think to say is the truss rod can vibrate a wee bit sometimes, I had it checked out and all is well, you can only hear it occasionally when playing unplugged. Tweak the truss rod a nats smidge and it goes. Condition is fair, it did have a harder life before I got it so it does show quite a few marks, more on the back though so not so bad... I'll get some pics up of everything as soon as I can.

Collection with cash only as I like buyers to see basses like this first. Collection from Biggleswade, Beds area.

Specs below.

[b]Custom made bass[/b]
[b]Ash body / Flame maple carved top[/b]
[b]Birds eye maple neck[/b]
[b]Ebony fingerboard with custom inlays[/b]
[b]Bone nut[/b]
[b]Schaller bridge and machineheads[/b]
[b]Delano SB pickups[/b]
[b]ACG - EQ2 filter based preamp with passive control[/b]
[b]Weight [/b][b] :o [/b][b]12lb! [/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]​**Lots more pics to follow BTW, I'm having an issue uploading at the moment**[/b][/color]

Edited by electricbass