Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Marleaux MBass 6 string - New Year PRICE DROP 1699 pounds
£2100

Kriss Popovski

NEW PRICE: 1699 pounds

Hi Guys,

About one year ago I bought this wonderful Marleaux Mbass 6, Poplar burl, from mrbassman_de (wonderful seller - highly recommended)

So, why selling it?
In case you do not know my story - I am not a bass player, but my wife is playing bass, and since I love guitars I regularly buy different basses for her - she tries them and eventually she keeps playing only her Consat Custom 4, so I am selling the basses after :-) There are always 3-5 bass guitars at home :-) The Mbass is too heavy for her and 6 strings comes too much... so she doesn't want to play it - and here it is back on the market. The bass is very well preserved - it was played several times only - in a studio and once on a gig (for test purposes)...Despite the fact the bass is 2003 it shows only minor wear, frets are like new and truss rod works fine

In the meantime we made careful tests and comparison of the bass together with friends of mine (professional bass players who also have Marleaux basses), and we discovered that the 6th low string sounds a bit weaker than the others. Actually one could catch that difference only on studio recording, not when you play it...
But I could not sell it knowing there is an issue so I did send the bass to Mr. Marleaux himself and to ask his opinion what should be done. He suggested to replace the original Marleaux pick ups (in the box) with brand new Delano. And he did it - so now the bass has new Delano pickups, new strings and full setup made by Mr. Marleaux...well, you can imagine the cost for that upgrade :-)

The specs:

Poplar Burl Wood Top
Dibetou Body
One-pice Quartersawn Maple Neck
Neck Dimensions: 2.125" at Zero Fret, 3.5" at 24th Fret
Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
Scale 34"
24 frets (+zero fret)
Bridge Pickup: Marleaux Custom Wound "Jazzbucker" (in the box) - replaced with new Delano
Neck Pickup: Marleaux Custom Wound Jazz Single Coil (in the box) - replaced with new Delano
Preamp: Aguilar OBP-3
Marleaux ramps built for this bass
Controls: Volume (P/P for active/passive), Blend, Stacked Treble/Bass, Midrange (Push/Pull for Mid Frequency), mini-switch coil-select for bridge pickup
Tuners: Schaller M2000 Black
Bridge: ETS Tuningfork (18mm spacing, fully adjustable)
Weight: 9.6 lbs / 4.6 kg
Built in 2003

Note that this is the original MBass version, not the 2012 upgrade.

The other modification on this bass I am aware of was made by the previous owner - \mrbassman_de, and here is what he describes:
"When I received this bass the electronics were poorly installed: the non-original output jack was not fixed (the pics still show this version), the passive switch did not work. I fixed all issues and installed an original Telecaster-type output jack. Everything looks and works as it should."

Bass comes with non-original HC.

Shipping to UK included in the price

20170921_143637.jpg

20170921_143703.jpg

20170921_143711.jpg

20170921_143557.jpg

Edited by Kriss Popovski
pictures upload

Free bump for a trustfull BC'er ! Kriss bought the bass from me and the deal went through quite smooth.

The bass is quite responsive and has that MBass growl which Marleaux lovers are looking for. I do not know how it sounds with the Delanos but I remember that it sits well in the mix.

Good luck with the sale.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • MB1 locked this topic