Why become a member? ×

Parcelforce

noirpunk

Evening,
Just wondering if anyone on the forum has had this problem arise with Parcelforce?

"There is a problem with the delivery of your parcel. Please check the tracking details below and our enhanced help for additional information on the status of your parcel and what to do next.

Tracking event Address problem (address insufficient)"

I've got a rare vintage guitar in the post and the only conclusion I can come to is the label got damaged or fell off. I hope this doesn't mean it's going to get "lost" aka stolen

Absolutely bricking it right now, I've been hunting down this dream guitar for about 15 years 😐

[quote name='noirpunk' timestamp='1505947608' post='3375495']
Evening,
Just wondering if anyone on the forum has had this problem arise with Parcelforce?

"There is a problem with the delivery of your parcel. Please check the tracking details below and our enhanced help for additional information on the status of your parcel and what to do next.

Tracking event Address problem (address insufficient)"

I've got a rare vintage guitar in the post and the only conclusion I can come to is the label got damaged or fell off. I hope this doesn't mean it's going to get "lost" aka stolen

Absolutely bricking it right now, I've been hunting down this dream guitar for about 15 years
[/quote]Where was its last location? If the depot isn't far away, Id just go down and get it.

Have you checked the tracking details ?

As you have not seen the address on the label, why are you assuming that Parcelforce are at fault here?

Has the guitar been posted from outside the UK ?

Often an item posted from outside the UK will not include the postcode and will miss out details such as the road/street/town you live in !!

It can often be just a language barrier thing

57 High Street Hertfordshire for example might seem to be an acceptable address posted from Germany or wherever, but that is not your correct address

I wouldn't worry about the label coming off cos if that had happened Parcelforce would not be able to contact you at all

Parcelforce have your guitar , they are trying to ensure that you receive it, and it does not get stolen, or get lost

What is wrong with that ??

I had a similar problem with ParcelFarce.

After sending a bass through and it not arriving after 5 days (was due within two), I had to make several calls with its description to find out what was going on. Turns out it was left in a depot somewhere and forgotten about. I think 'the label has come off' would be a cheap excuse for incompetence, to be honest.
I had a similar experience with UPS where they stated 'difficult operating conditions' or some sh**e - again, left in a depot.

I've only ever trusted DPD; they're well worth the extra few quid you might spent for proper tracking and decent drivers who don't even try to find your property, or leave 10 seconds after buzzing the door because they're in a rush.

Edited by foxyFuze

My brother had this problem last week.

He lives in Birmingham, about 5 miles from a Parcelforce depot, yet his parcel which was coming from Lancashire, was being delivered from Coventry.

In the end they lost the parcel, they admitted it, and the sender is having to make a claim.

To be fair I didn't choose the courier, the seller did. It's being sent to a fairly prominent building, a large building in a small town.
I've been told if was a technical error, that said it doesn't half out the shits up you when you read that.
Hopefully it should arrive today... again I didn't choose parcelforce, and I certainly wouldn't from previous experiences.
Fingers crossed it'll be here soon