Why become a member? ×

SOLD Alpher Mako Elite 5 String Bass - Buckeye Burl/Claro Walnut
£2100

Kev

Up for sale I have my custom built Alpher. Difficult sale, partially due to financial difficulty and partially due to playing 4 strings almost exclusively now. It is a truly exceptional instrument.

Specs

Used* Alpher Mako Elite Active 5 String
34 inch scale
24 fret
One piece highly figured walnut body
One piece buckeye burl top
Ribbon figured Rosewood neck
Ziricote fingerboard
Nordstrand Bigman pickups
2 x 4 way rotary coil selectors
3 band Nordstrand preamp
Ziricote Control knobs
Hipshot A style bridge and Ultralite tuners

The Dingwall/Nordstrand hybrid electronics allow 24 different coil combinations, it can make almost any sound you could ever want.

The woods are out of this world, the neck is the nicest piece of wood I've ever held and the figuring on the walnut body is incredible. Very rare one piece buckeye top is a bit love or hate, I love it. It looks like marble and it's depth and figuring, like all the woods on this bass, is impossible to do justice in a photo.

The bass has recently been set up at Alpher HQ and has had the new Alpher body contour carved in, so it matches current spec and made the instrument much more comfortable. Pro shots are therefore out of date.

Album link is here: [url="https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4iTMua"]https://flic.kr/s/aHsm4iTMua[/url]

I'll add that Chris and Alex are amazing blokes and I am sure they will love to build a relationship with you as the new owner, as they do with all customers. It's quite unique and a great thing to be involved with, being part of the Alpher family!

Cheers.

Edited by Kev

Pretty sure I played this bass at the North West Guitar Show earlier this year. Either that or it was one remarkably similar. If it is the one I played I can personally vouch that this is one of the finest basses I have ever played in the 20 years I've been playing. Absolute bargain at that price, this will make someone very very happy. Good luck with the sale!

[quote name='AdamWoodBass' timestamp='1506022792' post='3376004']
Pretty sure I played this bass at the North West Guitar Show earlier this year. Either that or it was one remarkably similar. If it is the one I played I can personally vouch that this is one of the finest basses I have ever played in the 20 years I've been playing. Absolute bargain at that price, this will make someone very very happy. Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

The very same bass mate, thank you for the kind words, it's a special bass.

Edited by Kev

[quote name='AdamWoodBass' timestamp='1506022792' post='3376004']
[/quote]

Aye it was this one! I was sat next to you! It’s a cracker!!

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1506154066' post='3376731']
Say the word bud and its yours..... :lol:
[/quote]

Trust me sir I’m still rather tempted. Sorta scared that If I tried the 5 my beloved Blackburl would be walking out the door with you! Why are all Alpher basses just so gorgeous!!!?

[quote name='ChazzJEUK' timestamp='1506177956' post='3376900']

Trust me sir I’m still rather tempted. Sorta scared that If I tried the 5 my beloved Blackburl would be walking out the door with you! Why are all Alpher basses just so gorgeous!!!?
[/quote]
No-one quite to match them for their woodwork anywhere in my opinion, stunning woods flawlessly crafted.

You know where I am anyway ☺

Edited by Kev

[quote name='cornelis' timestamp='1506329403' post='3377851']
hi you have some sound samples?
[/quote]
Afraid not, to be honest I tend to avoid sound samples when selling a bass as so much is dependant on technique, setup, preamp e.t.c.

Thanks again for comments :)

To answer a couple of queries I have had:-
[list]
[*]The bass comes with a new Gator moulded hardcase
[*]Neck Profile is a Medium-Slim C, 45mm Nut with 21mm depth at 1st fret and 23mm at 12th
[*]Weight is a touch over 9lb on my scales
[*]I am very much interested in trades
[/list]