Why become a member? ×

Recent news about TM Stevens?

MoJoKe

:(

Having worked as a musician very closely with sufferers of Dementia, this hits hard. I had an emotional time getting to know some truly beautiful people but seeing how Dementia affects them.

I've met TM a few times and on one memorable occasion, I wanted to tell him that I loved his playing and enthusiasm, but he beat me to it, complimenting my own playing instead.

So sad to hear about this in someone still relatively young. I had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. The first was about 17 years ago when he was playing on a stand at Music Messe in Frankfurt and I was managing an adjacent stand. Needless to say I think I spent more time over there than on my own stand. I still have some recordings of his performances there. More recently he gave a Masterclass at ACM in Guildford to which I was fortunate to be invited. Such a nice guy and always a pleasure to see/watch/hear. A great advocate of music education for the young. Tragic.

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1505766759' post='3374205']
So sad to hear about this in someone still relatively young....

...Tragic.
[/quote]

So,so tragic. As you said, a very genuine, giving man.

Dementia is a horrible and destructive thief, all too close for us here in Devon at the moment.

That's very sad. I'm not on FB, so had no idea about this.

His discography is massive - just one of those players you'd love to be, with a massive stack of recordings in different genres.

He actually co-wrote the Narada track as well, easily one of my favourite lines ever.

How very depressing. :(