Why become a member? ×

Hotmail Problem !!

funky8884

Hotmail is notorious for sending emails directly to people's spam or trash folders even when it does send.

We run a business and with every enquiry we get from a hotmail address we cringe as its literally 50/50 whether or not our reply reaches the client.

It's been like that for years.

I have no idea at all why people still use hotmail. If it's your main email address I can guarantee you will have had emails sent to you not received, and emails you've sent not received.

Hope this helps, as not a lot of people realise how unreliable hotmail is.

Edited by la bam

[quote name='la bam' timestamp='1505765331' post='3374194']
Hotmail is notorious for sending emails directly to people's spam or trash folders even when it does send.

We run a business and with every enquiry we get from a hotmail address we cringe as its literally 50/50 whether or not our reply reaches the client.

It's been like that for years.

I have no idea at all why people still use hotmail. If it's your main email address I can guarantee you will have had emails sent to you not received, and emails you've sent not received.

Hope this helps, as not a lot of people realise how unreliable hotmail is.
[/quote]

I've had hotmail since like 2000. Not has any real issues with it

However if you doubt the reliability of mail then you can always bcc yourself in

[quote name='la bam' timestamp='1505765331' post='3374194']

We run a business and with every enquiry we get from a hotmail address we cringe as its literally 50/50 whether or not our reply reaches the client.[/quote]

I still use my hotmail address for many things; notifications and forum registrations etc. On the odd "real" email that I send I always send it "High" priority and have had no issues so far. I admit it is just laziness on my part and tbh of late Hotmail has become so slow to open that I will have to do something. I have a gmail account that I should use more.

definite issues at present, I was asked to organise a trumpet player for rehearsal last night, never heard back then e-mailed MD reference haven't got anybody yet at 4pm, they got the mail as we were leaving practice at 22:15 last night
I blame GCHQ and recent alert levels ???

[quote name='bazztard' timestamp='1505796090' post='3374314']
Hotmail?

I bet you still use MySpace lol

sorry, couldn't resist. I thought only spammers used hotmail, seriously.
[/quote]

Hi Bazztard, I have never used "Myspace" or know what it is ?

I do hope your not labelling me as a "spammer" because of the Mail program I use, that seems like a poor generalisation. ( unless you can back it up )

Is this what people think of me when I send them an email ?

I've been using Hotmail for years without any problems. I do have by security setting on 'high' so that only mail from people who are in my address book get into my 'in' box. This is because of the amount of Spam I get from young foreign ladies offering all kinds of services! Since I asked for the ladies to be blocked I've been getting even more invites from them! Hotmail is fine and it means you don't have to change your email address if you swap service providers. I also have Gmail but don't know how to access it.