Why become a member? ×

If you could only choose one filter pedal

Al Krow

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Here's another little bit of fun. 4 filters: C4, Chromatron, Josh Wah and Microtron. Can you guess the order?

4 filter demo.wav 14.24 MB · 0 downloads

Very tough!

1. C4
  2. Microtron
  3. Joshwah
  4. Chromatron

Only one I'm reasonably certain about is the Joshwah, as it's impossible to dial out the distortion on that sucker! 1 is my favourite by far.

I should've stuck with my 1st list, I ended up changing it all around after each listen - at least I might have got 1 right! 4 was the other one that sounded a bit distorted on the low notes, so that could be the Joshwah also. Curious to know what 1 is!

6 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

I should've stuck with my 1st list, I ended up changing it all around after each listen - at least I might have got 1 right! 4 was the other one that sounded a bit distorted on the low notes, so that could be the Joshwah also. Curious to know what 1 is!

I’d prefer to not post the answers just yet to give others a chance to have a go. If you’re desperate to know then PM me. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

It’s a cool sound. I did a couple of presets for the Source Audio C4 and Spectrum based on this pedal. Did it using online clips as I’ve not managed to get to play one in the flesh yet. 

I'm really liking the Seamoon Funk Machine. It's a downward only filter sweep and has a ton of low end available- it has a mega sub bass sound. It's also very instrument sensitive- it triggers very differently with a Precision that with a Jazz. It's definitely a unique filter, that you wouldn't confuse with something like a MuTron.

Best of all, it nails that Brecker Brothers 'Sponge' sound, unsurprisingly.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived

very different filter, didn’t have too much time with it last night as something was in my head that I needed to record, in hindsight, the seamoon would have been very appropriate, so may have to redo the bass line tonight 

£33 paid to post office, so into the U.K. at around £150, not too bad

Tony

22 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Funnily enough I was looking at the Seamoon this week as my search for a filter pedal I can actually get to work goes on. 

I love the sound of it but I always love the sound when other people are using filter pedals. 

I'm really enjoying playing with the Seamoon, but it's a very specific sound.  If you've read the review in Bass Magazine, it sums the pedal up pretty well. It's not the most intuitive pedal but if you spend some time with it,  it's one of the coolest sounding filters. I'll certainly be using it a lot when shows start happening again, probably alongside the DiscumBOBulator for a couple of different filter sounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doddy said:

I'm really enjoying playing with the Seamoon, but it's a very specific sound.  If you've read the review in Bass Magazine, it sums the pedal up pretty well. It's not the most intuitive pedal but if you spend some time with it,  it's one of the coolest sounding filters. I'll certainly be using it a lot when shows start happening again, probably alongside the DiscumBOBulator for a couple of different filter sounds.

Be great to hear some clips of it in action. Please do post on: Filter & Synth Sounds - Let's hear them! - Effects - Basschat

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

Funnily enough I was looking at the Seamoon this week as my search for a filter pedal I can actually get to work goes on. 

I love the sound of it but I always love the sound when other people are using filter pedals. 

Have you tried the MXR Bass envelope Filter? 😉😁

Edited by lee650

6 hours ago, stewblack said:

Not yet! I've been through so many but not that one. 

It’s a very good one, one of my favourites and one I rebought. @lee650 is selling one right now too. Bootstrap loves this one and even called MXR and asked them to send one to Nik West!

This is using it:

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/9aSWECbGKBnwFijw6

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1