Why become a member? ×

If you could only choose one filter pedal

Al Krow

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1509712352' post='3401095']
Never mind bitcrush I see a lot of Man crushes going on.

Getting a bit jealous over here about you luvvies in the Capital City!
[/quote]

Hahaha well you’ll have to head to the big smoke some time and get involved ;)

I’m trying to bear in mind the title of this thread. If I could choose only one filter it probably [b]wouldn’t[/b] be the Aguilar Filter Twin simply because there’s no resonance control and I like having the flexibility to make have it be either subtle or crazy as I feel. However it is a fantastic filter and the fixed resonance is in a pretty sweet spot so I’m very much enjoying it.

Similar story on the Fwonkbeta though it does have a resonance control but it goes from high to stupidly high. It sounds fantastic but couldn’t be used in every situation in which a filter is required. It’s loads of fun but again couldn’t be my sole filter.

Edited by Quatschmacher

[quote name='Quatschmacher' timestamp='1509960777' post='3402807']
I’m trying to bear in mind the title of this thread. If I could choose only one filter it probably [b]wouldn’t[/b] be the Aguilar Filter Twin simply because there’s no resonance control and I like having the flexibility to make have it be either subtle or crazy as I feel. However it is a fantastic filter and the fixed resonance is in a pretty sweet spot so I’m very much enjoying it.

Similar story on the Fwonkbeta though it does have a resonance control but it goes from high to stupidly high. It sounds fantastic but couldn’t be used in every situation in which a filter is required. It’s loads of fun but again couldn’t be my sole filter.
[/quote]

+1 to pretty much all of this. Another, more subtle filter has to sit beside the Fwonk on my main board to provide a less mental option.

[quote name='Al Krow' timestamp='1509551233' post='3399845']
That's a great suggestion to try out, thank you. And I see it's got a nice touch of reverse sweep in its arsenal. Did you get yours directly from them or from a UK supplier?

I know the Mr Black Fwonk Beta is currently Cameron's goto filter and all has fallen before it in Cameron filter land! So be interesting to see how this stacks up on a head to head.

Btw - you moved your Ibby SR1300 on (seems to have disappeared from your footer)? I'm still totally enamoured with my SR1800 - can't believe what a great purchase this has been!

Tomorrow afternoon. Tottenham Court Rd if there's a store there that stocks it?
[/quote]

Sorry Al, I've not kept up with this thead.

I got the Funk Lite from here: https://www.coda-music.com/solid-gold-fx-funk-lite-envelope-filter-sold-out-more-on-order.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA0IXQBRA2EiwAMODil5YtbAmEljIYI68ADksIZn873EyedK_vQdaXUvMWNVsf2DildvPoAxoCBtUQAvD_BwE

I can't remember actually adding the Ibby to my footer - that's needs to change, wonderful bass!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

This is getting a bit out of hand. I’ll probably have a Manta by the end of the week too. It seems that Q is a fitting moniker. Or call me Mr. Envelope Filter.

Hahaha - yes it totally is! :facepalm:

Given that you're a really groovy bass player you should definitely get yourself into a band and share your talent and this great kit with the world!  And time to start posting some decent A/Bs of the filters on YouTube (we could maybe form a UK branch of the Dood / Sibob collective :D...But actually there could be mileage in a Basschat branded YouTube page for gear reviews or even a Basschat 'magazine' for gear reviews, just a thought...)

Just got another reply from Olivier at Glou Glou. The new pedal will be smaller, cheaper and 9V. It will be a filter, different from the one in the Rendez Vous, but still capable of producing those amazing synth sounds! Available in spring or summer. I’m very excited and might have my 40th birthday present sorted!

Edited by Quatschmacher

2 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Just got another reply from Olivier at Glou Glou. The new pedal will be smaller, cheaper and 9V. It will be a filter, different from the one in the Rendez Vous, but still capable of producing those amazing synth sounds! Available in spring or summer. I’m very excited and might have my 40th birthday present sorted!

let the gas begin!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Well to be fair, the Glou Glou couldn't really be any larger, more expensive or at a higher voltage could it?! :D

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Hey Darren - looking forward to some links to your funk and soul bands playing, if you're up for posting and seeing some of these filter pedals in action?! B|

i did have a thread on here but its disappeared since the update.

you can go to www.thrillsyndicate.com to find funk some stuff

The new soul band wont be ready for a few months yet so im keeping that under my hat until its ready.