Why become a member? ×

1983 Fender Precision *SOLD*
£975

jay-syncro

This is a beautiful example of a completely original Fullerton era Fender Precision made in 1983. It's in extremely good condition and has a great played-in feel.
It's 34 years old so shows some signs of play wear, but looks/feels all the better for it. I've played a few basses from this period (mainly Jazz's) and they've pretty much all been boat anchors. This on the other had is an incredibly light 3.8kg! It feels great on the strap and is beautifully responsive with the TI flats it currently wears. The neck is wide but fairly shallow front to back which makes it a pleasure to play. The back of the neck has a smattering of Birdseye figuring, and has an overall natural vintage tint. Lovely.

Edited by jay-syncro

[quote name='therealting' timestamp='1505840235' post='3374696']
That's beautiful.
[/quote]

Thanks mate, hope you're good.

[quote name='BeeBop' timestamp='1505853064' post='3374830']
So surprised this is still here ...
This is a future collectors for just shy of 1k. ..
Don't buy new this ones a winner ..
If only I hadn't bought a house and a car ..modern day living ha ha
GLWTS
[/quote]

Houses and cars are really affecting my bass collection. Is there some sort of rehab around to ween me off houses and cars?

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1505854551' post='3374846']
This era of Fender basses are marvellous instruments. My 84 Precision is a cracking bass and I have no doubt this one here is a beauty. It looks absolutely superb. Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

Agreed, they made some great stuff back then. Hugely preferable to the 70's stuff in my experience.

I have an '83 Precision with a fullerton maple neck which has the same dimensions as this. If you're considering this, don't let the width put you off, it's such a comfortable neck to play that it doesn't feel chunky at all, it's probably my favourite p neck. And i'm short (5ft6) with relatively small hands, so I notice the disadvantages of a cumbersome neck more than many others..

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1506104578' post='3376551']
I have an '83 Precision with a fullerton maple neck which has the same dimensions as this. If you're considering this, don't let the width put you off, it's such a comfortable neck to play that it doesn't feel chunky at all, it's probably my favourite p neck. And i'm short (5ft6) with relatively small hands, so I notice the disadvantages of a cumbersome neck more than many others..
[/quote]

Absolutely, although it's wide it's very comfortable to play. It feels very similar to a USA '57 RI P I had a while back, only a little smoother and faster due to it having been played-in for 30 odd years.