Why become a member? ×

Clip on tuner deal - £2 delivered deal ,again !!

casapete

• 2 months later...

I'm fed up buying these - every one that I've bought has resulted in me spending, what seems like, hours waiting for it to tell me whether I'm in E or not....gonna keep my £2 and keep my anxiety levels down.

Feel free to ignore my comment and get yourself a bargain.

17 hours ago, TheGreek said:

I'm fed up buying these - every one that I've bought has resulted in me spending, what seems like, hours waiting for it to tell me whether I'm in E or not....gonna keep my £2 and keep my anxiety levels down.

Feel free to ignore my comment and get yourself a bargain.

I find if you play the string very lightly it works better, I've just tried to order one and it won't let me log on even though I'm using the right password

Is it just me or is there something odd here?I always like a bargain but it seems that at least half of the people who order these tuners have had some sort of problem with delivery or performance or both.What do you expect for the price?I can't imagine having instruments worth thousands, not to mention other gear, and using such "iffy" tuners. Isn't being in tune important?

I have a Korg Pitchblack Advance and several D'Addario tiny unobtrusive clip on tuners and as long as the batteries are OK they are great, never had a problem and I use them on my EUB,BG,acoustic guitar, banjo and mandolin.They weren't cheap but they always work well and are reliable, I don't want to have problems tuning at gigs or at home,I have enough issues just trying to play the right notes!I also like the fact that I don't have some big piece of plastic clamped onto the headstock of my instruments but maybe that's just me.

Sorry if this seems like a rant but I've been following the topic from the first post and can't stop wondering why anyone buys these things when there are so many bad experiences with them.

Edited by Staggering on
  • Like 1