Why become a member? ×

Small combo to take on holiday.

Count Bassy

I've bought CameronJ's Yamaha THR10, as it seems to have the right features, size in particular, at the right price.

I'll report back on how it performs with a bass.

Twas a close run thing against a Roland micro-cube bass. Just a general query on the micro-cube. I've never seen or heard one in the flesh, so to speak, but what would be the advantage of four 3" speakers over say one 6". I know it has two amps and is Stereo, but then what would you use stereo for with bass and on an amp of that size?

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1506089009' post='3376410']
How about a hotone thunder bass amp. It isnt a combo, but they are tiny and get decent reviews. Never used one myself, but always tempted. The cab is small too.
[/quote]

Bit late now - see above. Watched a demo anyway and I love the tone. However it seems a bit pointless if they're making a point of it's size and then demo it through a 4x10!

Their own little cab is tiny, I'd love to see a demo of that.

The prices look bloody good as well.
Anyone here tried one out?

Edited by Count Bassy

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1506108941' post='3376582']

Bit late now - see above. Watched a demo anyway and I love the tone. However it seems a bit pointless if they're making a point of it's size and then demo it through a 4x10!

Their own little cab is tiny, I'd love to see a demo of that.

The prices look bloody good as well.
Anyone here tried one out?
[/quote] Yes. I never gave that much thought. There doesn't appear to be much on the way of demo's with the small cab. A bit strange really.