Why become a member? ×

Pseudonyms

Kevin Dean

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1505572474' post='3372943']
My names is actually gjones. I didn't feel the need to hide my identity on a site called Basschat.

Now if it had been a site called Asschat, well that's a whole different kettle of fish.
[/quote]

Kettle Of Fish, that well known website for tea making singletons.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is based on a list of priorities.

Project A - making money from doing work I love.
Project B - making sure my love life was ok.
Project C is playing bass and making music.

Coincidentally I also used to make electronic music using the name Project C*****e. (not a rude word, I just want to keep it a secret).

Dad: pretty much self-explanatory
33: Country code for France, where I live
53: County code for Mayenne, where I live

There were already quite a few 'Dad's of various sorts when I started out on t'web, so this was my 'claim' on uniqueness. S'been going for quite a long time now... :blush:

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1505408707' post='3371732']
I named myself after my cat who is named after a late Roman Republic senator.

It was a spur of the moment thing, I needed something I could remember.

I didn't think I'd end up being such a frequent visitor to this site.

I never use my real name on the internet, it makes it that much harder for the angry mob to track me down.
[/quote]

I was thinking the other day how cool it'd be if you were actually Louis Cato. You've shattered the illusion

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1506680964' post='3380359']
Dad: pretty much self-explanatory
33: Country code for France, where I live
53: County code for Mayenne, where I live

There were already quite a few 'Dad's of various sorts when I started out on t'web, so this was my 'claim' on uniqueness. S'been going for quite a long time now... :blush:
[/quote]

I remember a few years back, asking you the question. I thought it was because you had three Gibsons.. :lol:

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1506708954' post='3380627']
I remember a few years back, asking you the question. I thought it was because you had three Gibsons.. :lol:
[/quote]

Well guessed, although I'm only rich enough (or poor enough..?) to have a Samick 335. She plays and sounds better than many 'real' 335's I've come across, so not fussed.

(... and thanks for giving me the meagre excuse I needed to go and fetch her out of hiding; I'll be playing her by the time you read this, I expect... B) )

Edit: It becomes immediately obvious that I've neglected her for far too long, as, despite still being in tune, the old Fender Bullets are quite rusty; more so, even, than my old fingers..! I'll give her a good ol' clean (pots, switches...) and treat her to a fresh set of Elixirs. That'll sort her out for a few years yet..! Still plays like a corker, though, despite the rust..! :D

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Trueno' timestamp='1505413736' post='3371802']
I've known band members using weird showbiz names because they were claiming benefits... like Dave Spangle (I made that one up to protect the guilty).

For myself, I prefer to remain anonymous in the public domain, and my brother cyber-stalks me. If he's reading this... I'm not the same Steve J
[/quote]

I'm in absolute FLOODS !!! PMSL :lol: :D

I have been KingBollock since about 1997. I first used it on a chat program called Palace, and also IRC, and everyone used nicknames. And, to be frank, I hate my real name (which isn't Frank).

I once stumbled across a website that had done some sort of competition to find the best nick names on the internet. I had come third. Which was quite cool, though it would have been cooler if they'd told me at the time.

I should probably give in to the universe and go by the name David. Everytime I appeared in the local newspaper when I was a kid (for doing good things, like helping to build a soundproof rehearsal studio at the youth club), they always called me David. Once, they printed a photo which had me sitting next to my brother, whose name was David. The blurb under the picture pointed out that we were brothers and also gave our surnames, and still labelled us both as David.
And I once got a private message from a BassChatter who didn't know my name but had a guess at... David.