Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Pre-Ernie Ball MusicMan with Sabre neck
£850

faceman

Hello all,

I am loathed put this up for sale because it has been very special to me. I used play this live regularly (see my profile picture) but I have fallen out of playing it of late and my Fender Jaguar has become my main bass instead. Circumstances mean I need to find it a good new home for it.

I purchased this from a friend who told me the body was an early 1980s StingRay (see picture of the neck plate) with the neck of a MusicMan Sabre, which is a little thinner than the usual StingRay of that age. With the two band EQ, the end result is a bass that sounds fantastic, plays like a dream and has seen me through many a good gig.

I have no real idea how much this bass is worth, given that it is of vintage stock yet is made of bits. So I'm putting it up exactly what I paid for it: £850. Since then, it has had a setup and a clean up operation and plays better than ever.

Come with black Rockbase hard case. Pick up from my home in London (N7) or from my office (SE1). Happy to ship to the rest of the UK for £25.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by faceman

[quote name='aidanhallbass' timestamp='1505635290' post='3373215']
Lovely looking bass ! do you know if that is the original bridge ?
[/quote]
I was wondering this. Looks like a Schaller 3D bridge ? Also are the electronics original? The body looks in great nick for its age. If the Stingray body is a vintage it should have a neck stamp in the pocket.

[quote name='Raslee' timestamp='1505636217' post='3373222']

I was wondering this. Looks like a Schaller 3D bridge ? Also are the electronics original? The body looks in great nick for its age. If the Stingray body is a vintage it should have a neck stamp in the pocket.
[/quote]

This used to be mine, about 15 years ago! I bought it from Music Ground in Doncaster...It's a Schaller 3D bridge with a base plate. Defo not the original...When I had it it had the standard non-epoxy pre EB preamp of the period, assume that's not changed?

Awesome bass, and always wished I'd never sold it...Currently trying to work out if I can buy it back!

I'm not sure why this hasn't gone yet - might have a changed bridge , but all PEB (even though a mis match with the neck)

This to me , makes it a nice working bass that has the mojo , sound , and up to a grand cheaper .

If I weren't saving for a certain bass , I'd of snapped up this .

This may end up being one of those basses that does the rounds on here .

GLWTS