Why become a member? ×

Bands you don't like with members you do like

ZilchWoolham

Was going to say the same as Barking Spiders above regarding Foo Fighters .

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1505393874' post='3371588']
Surely the next natural step to this discussion is "Bands you do like, which have a member you don't like."

Trickier, but i'm sure they exist.
[/quote]

Motley Crue, i like the band and enjoy the music but Tommy Lee (the person) seems like a bit of a clown shoe.

Duran Duran.

I suspect its only my tendency to put 75 percent of my attention on the bass-line when listening to music that allows me to love John Taylor's playing despite having to listen to the rest of the band.

Sadly; that technique was never enough to allow me to endure Morrissey's fog-horn-like honking when trying to appreciate The Smiths.

[quote name='Quevlar' timestamp='1505750363' post='3374015']
Was going to say the same as Barking Spiders above regarding Foo Fighters .

Motley Crue, i like the band and enjoy the music but Tommy Lee (the person) seems like a bit of a clown shoe.
[/quote]

Whoa really? I'd say Tommy Lee was the best member of the band by some distance. I love his drumming, but can take or leave the rest of the band.

[quote name='Barking Spiders' timestamp='1505749199' post='3373998']
Dire Straits - MK is a fave guitar stylist and influenced me to change from using pick to fingers. However, the music is mostly beige coffee table pish for people who probably also were uber fans of Michael Bolton and Jennifer Rush back in the 80s
Dream Theater - arguably the most technically advanced collection of rock musicians out there - terrif bass player, top class drummist in Portnoy and Petrucci is a better shredder than Vai and Satriani IMO. Unfortunately their output is preposterous prog metal twaddle.
Foo Fighters - DG is an excellent frontman, great drummer, decent guitarist and seemingly all round good bloke. Unfortunately the FF are to rock what Level 42 were to funk and the Mumfords are to bluegrass.
And another thumbs down for Florence. ATM could be half decent without her one trick pony style of belting out the same way whether a ballad or a rocker
[/quote]

I agree - Mark Knoplfer is an incredible guitarist, but a fair bit of Dire Straits stuff is rolled-up sleeves on a pastel-coloured suit jacket. Guess it's just of its time.

[quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1505393874' post='3371588']
Surely the next natural step to this discussion is "Bands you do like, which have a member you don't like."

[/quote][quote name='bassbiscuits' timestamp='1505393874' post='3371588']

[/quote]
Pixies. Love the band. Love Kim Deal. In fact love everyone except Frank Black Francis.