Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Nate Mendel P Bass for Sale
£650

KeithPeb

I'm parting company with my Nate Mendel P Bass. It's a fine instrument that sounds great, but I keep going back to my '62 P Bass, which is unbeatable, so it has to go.

It's had a couple of modifications as follows: It has a Bartolini 8CPB, which is a classic Bartolini P bass pickup and it sounds lovely. The new age high mass badass style bridge has been replaced by a standard Fender bridge. I've also added a tug bar, which i think adds to the aesthetic of a P Bass.

The sale includes the Fender gig bag and all the bits and pieces that come with the bass from new.

It's currently strung with D’Addario XL170 rounds (brand new), but has previously had a set of Thomastik Infeld Jazz strings on it, which were a little lighter in gauge and it played great with them on.

Edited by KeithPeb

[quote name='KeithPeb' timestamp='1505307802' post='3370919']The sale includes the original scratch plate, Fender gig bag and all the bits and pieces that come with the bass from new.
[/quote]

Does that include the original pickups and bridge?

• 2 weeks later...

Nota bene:[color=#0000cd] Information posted by the OP in a later, duplicate, ad, which has been deleted...[/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's a great sounding P Bass, but I have '62 P Bass, which I keep reaching for so sadly, this one has to go.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've only used it a couple of time outside of my home, so it's had most of its use in the home studio.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's had a few modifications - The original pickup has been replaced with a Bartolini 8CPB, which is the classic Bartolini P Bass pickup and sounds really fat. The modern badass look-a-like bridge has been replaced by a standard Fender bridge, which I think really suits the classic P Bass look. I have a Rebel Relic lightly aged scratch plate in off white, which I think gives the look of the bass a nice lift (photographs show original scratch plate) and lastly, I've added a tug bar, which finishes of the traditional P Bass look.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Currently strung with D'Addario XL170's the bass plays and sound well. It's previously been strung with Thomastik Infeld Jazz strings, which were a little lighter in gauge and it's played and sounded awesome with that set up.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass comes with the original black factory fitted scratch plate and the Rebel Relic aged plate, Fender gig back and all the bits & pieces that are included in the original sale. The original pickup and bridge aren't included in the sale.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass is ready to go to the first take so no time wasters please.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm based in the North East.[/font][/color]