Why become a member? ×

Site may be slow for the next 20 mins or so

ped

We're just exporting some info to the new site, part of it being current profile pictures. I'll alert you all as we go forward, chances are there may be a few hours of downtime over he coming week. We'll try and do it at quiet times.

Cheers
ped

Of course, when the new site launches the cry will go up:

"OMFG it's just awful who chose that layout how do I subscribe to topics my old posts have been lost why can't I search for basses by colour in the marketplace I really used to like the old site this new one makes my eyes hurt the font is too small / big why do I have to pay to advertise where does the money go I expect Ped and Kiwi are rolling in it will they ever lift the stupid Rickenbacker ban it is with not inconsiderable regret that I shall be moving across to Talkbass it's all such a pain in the f**king arse and so unnecessary".

And that's just me :)

Believe me we wouldn't do a thing to the site if we didn't have to. Unfortunately the older software gets left behind and is vulnerable to issues as it gets older (aren't we all) and the company who make it also want to sell you the latest and greatest version. Normally I worry that the new version will be a pain but the new BC looks fantastic, it's a massive leap forward in usability and makes this place feel like a right shithole. In fact I'm heading there now and keeping it all to myself.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1505311098' post='3370937']
...OMFG it's just awful who chose that layout how do I subscribe to topics my old posts have been lost why can't I search for basses by colour in the marketplace I really used to like the old site this new one makes my eyes hurt the font is too small / big why do I have to pay to advertise where does the money go I expect Ped and Kiwi are rolling in it will they ever lift the stupid Rickenbacker ban it is with not inconsiderable regret that I shall be moving across to Talkbass it's all such a pain in the f**king arse and so unnecessary...
[/quote]

It's all because of Brexit, I expect. :D

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1505403367' post='3371676']
...I've never known an Internet forum like it....
[/quote]

You should try TabChat, the forum for smokers of vintage and contemporary cigarettes. Sample topics:

* Vintage vs Re-Issue Embassies
* What's the best humidor for 1960's Camels
* Newb question: Afton Sweet Leaf - enough heft?
* Relic-ing packets is just stupid

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1505487951' post='3372340']
You should try TabChat, the forum for smokers of vintage and contemporary cigarettes. Sample topics:

* Vintage vs Re-Issue Embassies
* What's the best humidor for 1960's Camels
* Newb question: Afton Sweet Leaf - enough heft?
* Relic-ing packets is just stupid
[/quote]

Ooops! I went into FagChat by mistake. Now I need to go and lie down in a darkened room for a bit.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1505222789' post='3370336']
Ped

Thanks for all you guys do for us ungrateful bastards. Awaiting new site with unconfined curiosity :blink:
[/quote]

Lol - yes indeed - thanks for all the hard (unseen, unappreciated) work you Mods do :)