Why become a member? ×

Ex-Barefaced users?

JapanAxe

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1506970973' post='3382454']
Good work!
[/quote]

Yep, took a 3-page thread for me to realise I like what I've got, I just want more! The Super Twin is the same size and shape as the Compact, except 10cm (4in) taller, so it I will still fit nicely in my car and cupboard. The silver grill cloth is demure enough not to frighten the mainly older folks that come to country gigs, but I can wind the rig up to give a lot more beans when needed.

I'll be moving the Compact on when the time comes (it has served me well), but the Midget is staying - for now!

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1506971461' post='3382465']
Yep, took a 3-page thread for me to realise I like what I've got, I just want more!
[/quote]

Makes sense to me - it's what I've done and appears to be the preferred route for BF owners on this forum generally. If money (and storage space) were no object I'd get a second SC and a third One10.

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1506869172' post='3381627']
I may just do that myself!

Since starting this thread 3 weeks ago I have pretty much settled on the idea of an upgrade to 'One Cab To Rule Them All', in the form of a single 4-ohm cab that will play nicely with my 800W Demeter or 900W Streamliner, whilst still producing a healthy output from my recently acquired Nano Mark 300 (when used as a backup in case of main amp failure). I started drawing up a comparative list of what's available, and Barefaced have no fewer than 3 contenders in their current range, of which the Super Twin seems the best fit for me. The other contenders come from Bergantino, TKS, and Vanderkley, but all but TKS have tweeters, which add little for someone who favours a smoother sound, plays flats exclusively, and can't hear anything above 12kHz! Sadly there is now nowhere in the UK to audition a TKS 2126 or S2126, whereas Barefaced can be had on sale or return.

So Alex, what is the lead time on a Super Twin (with grille cloth) at the moment?
[/quote]

Graeme, if you haven't seen/heard my Super Twin or Super Compact yet, they are all I use now, so will be onstage at any Wirebirds gig :)

Dave

[quote name='shug' timestamp='1506866224' post='3381597']
Hey, well, ya gotta respect a fellah who works Sundays!
I'm sure a lot has changed in 7 years and there's a learning curve going on for all of us. I would be real interested in trying one of your cabs, particularly the big ones! Do you think they'd be equal to the rigours of the road? Without a flightcase (which would be kind of antithetical to the point of the whole lightweight thing)?[/quote]

At a guess I'd say at least a third of our customers are either pros or busy semi-pros - Barefaced cabs get gigged a lot, that's what they're made for!

And the only person I know who has his flightcased is Timmy C with Prophets of Rage (but they are getting flown and trucked around the world, so everything on the tour is flightcased).

Glad you're liking what we're doing!

• 3 months later...

I find the disappearing info on previous BFB designs a pain. There really should be an archive page on the site, because there's been so many name changes and model changes , its hard ( read impossible ) to follow the history of what was available early on to whats available now.

I was reading about one of the cabs at one point, and there was was a message saying that cab had been superceded by the Retro 215.  What ?   Where was that then ?

17 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Who knows - i find the site confusing

kKwZb11.jpg

Interesting, thanks!

I have never seen any other reference to a Retro 215. Could it be they planned to make it but changed their minds? Anyone has seen one of these Barefaced Unicorn cabs? Ooops, I did it again and changed the name :P 

17 hours ago, mcnach said:

Interesting, thanks!

I have never seen any other reference to a Retro 215. Could it be they planned to make it but changed their minds? Anyone has seen one of these Barefaced Unicorn cabs? Ooops, I did it again and changed the name :P 

Got it in one! When we were working on the 12XN Gen 3 models we also looked at replacing the '69er and Super Fifteen with some improved versions (using the same drivers) which we planned to called the Retro610 and Retro215. But then we ended up developing our 10CR driver which meant the new Six10 could also do the job of the 2x15" in terms of huge output in the lows (which the previous '69er wasn't so good at).

Since 2008 we've made the following bass cabs (grouped in rough times they were launched):

Compact, Big One, Vintage

Midget, Super Twelve, Big Baby, Big Twin, Super Fifteen, Dubster

'69er

Super Midget, Super Compact, Super Twin, Big Baby 2, Big Twin 2

Six10, Two10 (these were briefly called the Retro Six10 and Retro Two10)

One10, Eight10, Four10

The ones in bold are all still in production.

Edited by alexclaber
forgot the Dubster!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, alexclaber said:

Got it in one! When we were working on the 12XN Gen 3 models we also looked at replacing the '69er and Super Fifteen with some improved versions (using the same drivers) which we planned to called the Retro610 and Retro215. But then we ended up developing our 10CR driver which meant the new Six10 could also do the job of the 2x15" in terms of huge output in the lows (which the previous '69er wasn't so good at).

Since 2008 we've made the following bass cabs (grouped in rough times they were launched):

Compact, Big One, Vintage

Midget, Super Twelve, Big Baby, Big Twin, Super Fifteen

'69er

Super Midget, Super Compact, Super Twin, Big Baby 2, Big Twin 2

Six10, Two10 (these were briefly called the Retro Six10 and Retro Two10)

One10, Eight10, Four10

The ones in bold are all still in production.

Somewhere in there should be the Dubster - and very pleased am I with mine.