Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* JV Precision Bass collection
£2145

geoff90guitar

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Its getting closer to hanging up my strings after gigging for 30 years lead followed by 25 years bass.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Love Trace but they're getting heavier and the lighter Class D amps for power, just don't quite have it for me.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]I love these JV basses and they give the pre CBS's a run for their thousands.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]When these have gone I'll be left with a poorer JV and an Epiphone Viola (what a bloater)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Can ship but would love you to compare them here. They each come with a hard case.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Any interests please message me and we can take the emails/pics from there.

1. *SOLD* On the left : White Serial No. JV54979 with Fender original (10.5k) pickup = £695

2. *SOLD* Centre of pic : Sunburst serial No. JV25934 with Lindy Fralin pickup ..I think 10.66k = £725

3. *SOLD* On the right : White Serial No. JV53955 with original JV pickup. £725[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Cheers[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Geoff[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Helvetica][size=3]Coseley West Midlands[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by geoff90guitar

Geoff

Sorry to hear that

I know what you mean about Trace and I am addict too

But I recently got a Roland Cube 100

It's got a sweet sounding 12" speaker and with the amp sequencer set on the Trace setting, it's almost there and weighs considerably less than a trace

Worth a try?

That's a very nice suggestion Gar.
I've got one of those in the house. You're right it's brilliant. I think it's a twin cone which helps to fatten.
Anyway, Ive been thinking about selling the 100 Cube which is tucked away in the back room but the grandkids use it with a couple of my old mics. I did use it in a small pub the other week and was adequate...3db and all that.
Thanks again.
Geoff

Ok.
Thanks for those nice words lads.

No.1 is slightly cheaper because it has non original pickup, but sounds the same. (Fender original 62 Precision reissue) Its condition is not quite as good as the other white...because of plenty of use of course.
Unusual on this one because it doesn't have reverse tuners but still original. It is also a bit lighter (they're all normally around 4kg), again to me they sound alike...warm, punchy and balanced notes all the way up
Whites have more or less the same neck profiles.

Sunburst neck has a slightly shallower feel.

No.1 26/5/83
No.2 26/11/82
No.3 31/5/83

Please message an email if theres more hunger and I'll send close-ups

Strange why the 82 -83 USA Precisions are demanding a high price...same era as JV's. Wonder if the woods came from the same place!

Geoff

A fine collection of JV Ps ... these are great basses ... here are my two 1982 examples

[attachment=253418:JV03.jpg]

Although I've recently sold the Squier, I still have the Fender .. .and I also have a 1983 JV Squier Jazz ... pre CBS quality for a fraction of the price :)

[quote name='steviebk' timestamp='1505164897' post='3369986']
Thanks Geoff, for 2 of the basses, and a nice cup of tea ☕️
A pleasure to do business with you, Regards, Steve
[/quote]

Have 2 of these lovely looking basses sold?
Which one remains?