Why become a member? ×

Any Cab recommendations for Ashdown ABM600

Sarlscharisma

They sound great with the ABM410 (I have the same set-up) so unless you`re finding that too weighty give it a go. Other than that they also sound great with Ashdowns Rootmaster cabs which are lighter and smaller than the ABMs. I have the 414 of the RM range (a 4ohm 410) and 2 x 210 - all with upgraded Eminence Beta speakers in them and all of which I`m selling soon. I go for the same sort of sound JJ/Foxton/McKagan, gnarly, trebly, with a bit of drive and the RMs handle this very well.

I played mine with my Markbass 104HR for the first time at rehearsal last night and it sounded absolutely great. Normally use an RM800, but thought I'd take the full-fat version for a bit of fun. I used to have an Ashdown ABM410h before the Markbass and, whilst it was a decent enough cab, I've never regretted swapping it out.

I'm using a Markbass 104HF with mine, and it's pretty much my dream bass tone. (From your influences probably not ideal for OP though). I have been through some serious changes in rig in the past few years (TE smx300, MarkBass TTE 801 and LM valve, Ampeg SVT 3 and 4, and cabs including Vanderkley 12s, Bergantino NV610 and 115, MarkBass 104HR and 121), and I think I've found my nirvana now! The MarkBass mellows/balances out the fairly aggressive Ashdown, but you can get a good grunt with the valve in the pre (unlike the Trace Elliot or Markbass ones), the compressor is musical and I even find myself using the sub harmonic dial on occasion. Why I avoided Ashdown for so long I have no idea. The 104HF is chunky, but light, and is just so warm and funky. (Not sure the blue and yellow go together aesthetically, but tonally they are a great pairing)
I'll say it now, if I try to buy an amp or cab off any of you in the future I want you to stage an intervention, cos I think I've got it right this time!

[quote name='Sarlscharisma' timestamp='1505226645' post='3370367']
Have a barefaced super compact on order. The ABM 410 sounds great with the new amp, but fed up of lugging about to small venues. I just hope I get enough bottom end from it.

Good to hear from fellow monkey hanger
[/quote]

Blimey... a local. I've lived in Hartlepool all my life and couldn't name another bassist around here.