Why become a member? ×

Fender Musicmaster "to restore" :)

kumimajava

not on eBay, nor indeed even in English, but the title says:

"1 yen start! 71 Fender USA MUSICMASTER BASS Music Master Base Restore! With a hard case! "

[url="https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r206678624"]https://page.auction...tion/r206678624[/url]

so yeah, in case you're on the fence - remember, it comes with a hard case! :)

Anyone feeling brave?

Very few (almost none) of the Yahoo auctions listings offer international postage - unless it's a shop / business. I find this confusing, since in general postage fees out of Japan are reasonable, and the process itself is very easy.

In this particular case, if the fretboard is rosewood (which it does look like, to me?), you'd have the additional CITES-funtimes/lincenses to deal with.

I expect a feasible way to bring it back would be if you (or someone you know) is visiting Japan & would check it in as their personal possession.

Hi Andy,

If you (or anyone you know) is planning a visit to Japan within the near(ish) future, and this really is a rare bit of kit, I'd be happy to store it for your in the interim. Unfortunately, I have no idea when my own next UK/Europe visit would be, so sadly I couldn't offer to bring it (or just the neck) back for you.

Still - if the storage offer would be of any use to you, please get in touch.