Why become a member? ×

Help me design my Maruszczyk!

Mossiebass

So I've been looking for a new bass to help me through my final year of college, and I've settled on a Maruszczyk Jake. The only problem is I can't decide on the colour! I'm thinking I'll go with either orange or yellow, which looks best?
Also, if anyone who has one of these basses has any recommendations for other customisations, let me know!😁

Is this going to be a forever bass? If not you may want to consider the re-sale potential - how many people will want to buy an orange or yellow bass?

Most popular colours are likely to be red/ black/ white then probably natural - I'm a green freak personally and know that selling green basses in the past has been an issue.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1503928615' post='3361599']
Is this going to be a forever bass? If not you may want to consider the re-sale potential - how many people will want to buy an orange or yellow bass?

Most popular colours are likely to be red/ black/ white then probably natural - I'm a green freak personally and know that selling green basses in the past has been an issue.
[/quote]

+1 to this. Unless it's your forever bass both these colours will hurt you when you come to sell. It's not a Dingwall NG2 and won't have the same resale value as one...

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1503928615' post='3361599']

[/quote]
The plan would be to keep this bass for a very long time, not that I'm particularly fond of selling any of my basses 😂

Edited by Mossiebass

[quote name='T-Bay' timestamp='1504121132' post='3362869']
Neither, but orange if I had to.
[/quote]

:lol:

Would be better if it were a nice sparkley metallic orange. There's a Mike Lull Jazz for sale here at the moment in the colour I'm thinking of.

Here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/311045-mike-lull-m5v-dark-orange-metallic-in-mint-condition/page__pid__3362837#entry3362837

Edited by CameronJ

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1504127112' post='3362919']
Yellow for me.

Not sure about the tort pick guard with either though...
[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking too. The yellow would be cool, but if I had either of those colours I'd go for a lighter pickguard. Let us know what specs you go with - and colour!

Yellow for me too.
And with that pickup arrangement, and those blocks on the fretboard
.... and perhaps with ebony, as others have already mentioned :)

Go for the chambered body option too, if you can. That'll give you a really lightweight bass
Let us know what you opt for :)

EDIT: There was a rather nice looking trans purple one in the market place the other day too....

Edited by Marc S

Yellow with alder body and keep the rest like this, but take the Haeussel pickups option : they are terrific.

It reminds me of my 1971 Fender P-Bass that I had painted in pearl yellow colour : so beautiful and easy to resell...