Why become a member? ×

Band Stalkers

Norris

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1503736953' post='3360588']
What is strange is that the girl is 26. I'm the youngest in the band at 51, the guitarist who is the main object of her affection turns 60 this year!
[/quote]

If you ever need another guitarist let me know.

When I joined my old punk covers band we did a gig in Weston Super Mare (it was my first gig with them) . A girl in the audience (19 max I`d say, and we were all early 40s) seemd very impressed by us - to the point where she asked us back to her hotel to take some Class A`s and "party". As a newbie to the band, I didn`t know how this would proceed, but was very thankful that to a man we all decided to hit the road and get a hot chocolate at the services as it was goin to be a long drive. I knew then I`d found the right band. Whereas the rock band I`d just left, well lets say the rest of them would have partied all night with her.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1503757095' post='3360756']
to a man we all decided to hit the road and get a hot chocolate at the services as it was goin to be a long drive. I knew then I`d found the right band. Whereas the rock band I`d just left, well lets say the rest of them would have partied all night with her.
[/quote]

Rock and Roll dude, what can I say, hand in your bass now, retire to the old folk's home :)

only stirring, my band would do the same, our pensioner drummer likes band practice from 7 til 9pm the latest hehe

[quote name='AntLockyer' timestamp='1503815116' post='3360969']
Norris, sounds like you need a dep for the after party.
[/quote]

Well that's the thing. We are all married or with long term partners, kids, grandkids, etc. Yes it might be a bit of fun when you're young and uncommitted. When you're knocking on a bit and have families to consider it can get very complicated. In our youth we'd have probably steamed in. However these days the Internet makes it so much easier for the true nutters out there to really screw up you and your family.

I have taken over all online communications with this particular person and will respond after a suitable time period in dull and boring bass player mode :D. I've also warned the others to cut the banter down with her at gigs and keep her at arms length. Hopefully that will work. Otherwise I'll have to fetch out fictitious "Aunty Sarah" our long term friend and fellow Facebook page administrator to have a bit of a girly chat about how it's never going to happen :D

[quote name='fftc' timestamp='1503952623' post='3361836']
Have you seen the photos? :crazy:
[/quote]

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1503951319' post='3361819']
That settles it, I'm deffo going along to Norris's next gig, anyone else in east mids up for it? :lol:
[/quote]

I've just been doing a bit of Cheeze stalking just now myself! I found a few clips on YT. On one of those videos there is a large woman giving it her all beside a fruit machine to the sound of Radar Love. Those are the sort of gigs I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP2Hxk_6rMY

This year I have been making time to see some of the bands that BC members are in. The Cheeze looks entertaining enough so it's now on my short list.

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1503959023' post='3361879']
The Harrow in Thurmaston on Saturday :)

Actually I think she might be getting the message slowly. Taking some time to respond to the messages to the page helps to slow the momentum :D
[/quote]

I imagine you are walking the line between politely keeping her at a distance and upsetting her. Diplomacy test or what?

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1503987607' post='3361906']

I imagine you are walking the line between politely keeping her at a distance and upsetting her. Diplomacy test or what?
[/quote]

Very much so. We like having keen fans - but of the music and banter :)

You're more than welcome to come to any of our gigs. I've just posted a load this morning on our page, in the Leicester and Nuneaton area. Do say hello if you make it along.

I've noticed that this Sat I had pencilled in as a poss rehearsal for a new project but if it doesn't come off I might be free for a little road trip. I wouldnt do it if the band played stuff I didn't like but from what I've seen the Cheeze is my sort of playlist so you never know... B)

[quote name='Norris' timestamp='1503996487' post='3361953']
Very much so. We like having keen fans - but of the music and banter :)

You're more than welcome to come to any of our gigs. I've just posted a load this morning on our page, in the Leicester and Nuneaton area. Do say hello if you make it along.
[/quote]

Cheers Norris!

I'd be delighted to check out the band. I've got a couple of things lined up for the immediate future but hopefully I can get before the year is out. Going to look at your web page now.