Why become a member? ×

Most Obscure Bass Claim to Fame?

MrDaveTheBass

The drummer in our Free tribute band was Jeff Rich ex Status Quo.

Many years ago I played in a classic rock covers band, we used to play a pub in Somersham and on a couple of occasions Dave Greenfield (The Stranglers) came in to watch us play and chatted to us while we were packing away at the end of the gigs.

• Like 1

I once owned a Trace 4x12" that had belonged to Terrorvision's bass player and a pair of rack ears that I got from Hartke that had been used on one of the amps that Jack Bruce used at the Cream reunion gig

Years ago my band backed Ray Lewis who was one of the Drifters (granted there have been about 60 previous members of that group) in the late 70s. I also had several reading lessons from James Finnegan who was the original bass player in Hue & Cry when I was 15. He had a green Volvo 340 and a Warwick Thumb NT

16 hours ago, Delberthot said:

I once owned a Trace 4x12" that had belonged to Terrorvision's bass player and a pair of rack ears that I got from Hartke that had been used on one of the amps that Jack Bruce used at the Cream reunion gig

Got to be a candidate for a top three spot surely.