Why become a member? ×

Naff things that vocalists say (during the song)

leschirons

[quote name='squire5' timestamp='1503492138' post='3358662']
Ever do a song and get 1 person clap and then stop very quickly when he realises hes the only one? Our response to that is "Thank you for the clap!"
[/quote]

I have once said:
Don't clap on your own, someone will throw fish for you!
Premeditated jokes... Not sure I always like them

Edited by uk_lefty

Our old singer used to change one of the lyrics in Living on a Prayer.

Instead of "When she cries in the night, Tommy Whispers", he would sing "When she cries in the night" and then shout at the top of his voice "TOMMY FISTS HER"!

Nobody ever seemed to notice though.

[quote name='mep' timestamp='1503514223' post='3358887']
Ours like to swap certain lyrics for swearwords. Funny the first few times, years later the novelty has worn off.
[/quote]

Having our singer rephrase Robert Palmer's "Addicted to love" as "Addicted to muff" became a little tedious (and more than mildly embarrassing) after a while.

[quote name='darkandrew' timestamp='1503594016' post='3359541']

Having our singer rephrase Robert Palmer's "Addicted to love" as "Addicted to muff" became a little tedious (and more than mildly embarrassing) after a while.
[/quote]

Glad it's not us then. We get the F Word as the substitute in one song and Mother F****** in another when the originals are nothing like that. Ho hum.

[quote name='squire5' timestamp='1503606587' post='3359686']
At weddings at some point our singer will say to the crowd,"We'd just like to take a couple of minutes to introduce ourselves",at which point we all proceed to shake hands with each other.Always gets a laugh.
[/quote]

I like that..might have to nick it....gotta be better than me trying to do a bass solo at introduction time!!... The mental image is vaguely Bonzo Dog Doodah Band!!!

[quote name='Oopsdabassist' timestamp='1503651419' post='3359904']

I like that..might have to nick it....gotta be better than me trying to do a bass solo at introduction time!!... The mental image is vaguely Bonzo Dog Doodah Band!!!
[/quote]

Why not play a full version of The Intro and The Outro? You'll need to take a few extra instruments of course...

[quote name='Steve Browning' timestamp='1503479037' post='3358494']
I used to play in a (blues) band in which the singer would preface EVERY guitar solo with 'play me some blues on that thing' and every one of his harp solos with 'excuse me a while'.
[/quote]
My toes curled just reading that. 😊