Why become a member? ×

Hi from Cardiff

aidanthorne89

Hey there.

Have put up a bass for sale (Warwick Thumb) so figured Id say hey on the forum.

Names Aidan. I play double and electric bass. Run my own band called duski (www.duskimusic.co.uk) as well as other touring bands including a jazz Indian fusion group called Khamira and A Neo soul band called Slowly Rolling Camera. I also play in an ELO tribute band.

What happens next?

[quote name='aidanthorne89' timestamp='1503341463' post='3357444']
Hey there.

Have put up a bass for sale (Warwick Thumb) so figured Id say hey on the forum.

Names Aidan. I play double and electric bass. Run my own band called duski (www.duskimusic.co.uk) as well as other touring bands including a jazz Indian fusion group called Khamira and A Neo soul band called Slowly Rolling Camera. I also play in an ELO tribute band.

What happens next?
[/quote]

You have to wait until the prancing horses have had their nosebags I'm afraid. Until then, welcome to the forum. Respect to you for playing tribute to ELO.

Good evening, Aidan, and ...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167528]

Plenty to read and amuse you here, and lots to learn and share.

[quote name='aidanthorne89' timestamp='1503341463' post='3357444']...
What happens next?
[/quote]

Once your subscription has been banked, you'll receive the instructions, and the shopping list, for the introduction and enrolment. Please allow time for the confection of the latex garments and rearing of the ferrets, and cancel any plans for the New Year. Medical insurance used to be offered but has now become so expensive as to not be attainable, usually. We do, however, supply wheelchairs and/or stretchers, and have fire extinguishers on hand. See you soon; very soon. :laugh1:

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1503390302' post='3357725']
Welcome Aidan, I'm from Bridgend, and there's more than a few other South Walians on here too.

Enjoy the forum, the only word of warning is that it's a terrible place for giving you G.A.S.!
[/quote]

We probably have mutual friends, who do you play with mate?

[quote name='aidanthorne89' timestamp='1503499810' post='3358753']
We probably have mutual friends, who do you play with mate?
[/quote]

My main gigging covers band is The Coversluts. We used to do The Claude quite regularly but not done it so far this year.

Cardiff-wise, I know Rich Boucher who was in FFAF until they retired, and Dan Goode who's in 2tickets2thegunshow.

Marc S on here is also a great chap..

Cheers
Lewis

[quote name='LewisK1975' timestamp='1503500719' post='3358760']
My main gigging covers band is The Coversluts. We used to do The Claude quite regularly but not done it so far this year.

Cardiff-wise, I know Rich Boucher who was in FFAF until they retired, and Dan Goode who's in 2tickets2thegunshow.

Marc S on here is also a great chap..

Cheers
Lewis
[/quote]

Yeah I know Rich- lovely guy and player. He's got quite a collection of Warwick's too!

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1503570196' post='3359230']
Hi there Aidan,
Very nice of LewisK to say I'm a nice chap :)

He obviously doesn't know me that well! lol
Welcome to BC, from another Cardiffian
[/quote]

I know so few Cardiff bassist for some reason, been here almost 10 years! what a dummy!

Hi Aiden, from a part time Cardiffian; I'm working here ATM and clear off back to the Midlands at the weekend. I'm more the ageing rocker trying to grow old disgracefully and definitely not able to hold my own with the above company just yet - I'm firmly in the improver / intermediate category and try to spend evenings practising or having a lesson with Jon Caulfield, who you may or may not know - he gets around a bit! :) Very interesting to hear about your diverse range of projects - what's the ELO tribute band called, BTW?

[quote name='Ashweb' timestamp='1504119887' post='3362857']
Hi Aiden, from a part time Cardiffian; I'm working here ATM and clear off back to the Midlands at the weekend. I'm more the ageing rocker trying to grow old disgracefully and definitely not able to hold my own with the above company just yet - I'm firmly in the improver / intermediate category and try to spend evenings practising or having a lesson with Jon Caulfield, who you may or may not know - he gets around a bit! :) Very interesting to hear about your diverse range of projects - what's the ELO tribute band called, BTW?
[/quote]

Heya explosive light orchestra is the name. we are at the globe own Saturday if you like!

[quote name='aidanthorne89' timestamp='1504122580' post='3362886']
Heya explosive light orchestra is the name. we are at the globe on Saturday if you like!
[/quote]

If I was around at the weekend, I'd come along. Just checked out some clips on YouTube and it looks like a good night - there's a popular thread on here titled [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/7919-how-was-your-gig-last-night/page__st__6390"]How was your gig last night[/url] if you feel like telling all afterwards :)

I'll try to get to see the Explosive Light Orchestra if I can
BTW, I may well have met your "Jeff Lynn" last year...
Someone from an ELO tribute played some solo stuff at an open mic at the Red House in Merthyr
He was handing out flyers to promote an ELO gig - was that him, I wonder?

Sorry to hear you're leaving Cardiff Ashweb - always sad to see a bass player leave South Wales
Especially after I just heard another friendly face from here is soon to depart :(
And yes, you should definitely grow old disgracefully - I'm all for that ;)

Hope to meet up at some point aidenthorne - looks like I'm busy on Saturday - but keep me posted re further ELO gigs please :)

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1504600356' post='3365898']

Sorry to hear you're leaving Cardiff Ashweb
[/quote]

I'll be around for a while yet - just had my contract extended, so must be doing something right :D

I'm in Cardiff during the week as I'm currently working here, but I go back to the Midlands for the weekend so my Wife and family don't forget what I look like. I've been threatening to turn up at an open night or similar just to prove how bad things can get for some time, you never know - I might see you out there...

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1504600356' post='3365898']
I'll try to get to see the Explosive Light Orchestra if I can
BTW, I may well have met your "Jeff Lynn" last year...
Someone from an ELO tribute played some solo stuff at an open mic at the Red House in Merthyr
He was handing out flyers to promote an ELO gig - was that him, I wonder?

Sorry to hear you're leaving Cardiff Ashweb - always sad to see a bass player leave South Wales
Especially after I just heard another friendly face from here is soon to depart :(
And yes, you should definitely grow old disgracefully - I'm all for that ;)

Hope to meet up at some point aidenthorne - looks like I'm busy on Saturday - but keep me posted re further ELO gigs please :)
[/quote]

Sure thing will keep you posted. We tend to do a gig at the red house at Christmas time each year and I think this year is no different although I am having to dep our December gigs due to other tours etc.