Why become a member? ×

SOLD PLEASE DELETE Warwick thumb NT5 2003 PRICE DROP £1200
£1500

aidanthorne89

PRICE DROP £1200

Hi There

For sale is this Warwick Thumb NT5. Lovely bass that just isn't my style. Imported it from US 4 years ago. Usual spec for a thumb of its time. Chrome Hardware.

Come try it out in Cardiff

Also comes with Warwick wax and a gator flight case

PS if you want to hear it check this link - [url="https://soundcloud.com/cambrian-records/duski-lakeside"]https://soundcloud.c.../duski-lakeside[/url]

Who wants this?

Edited by aidanthorne89

[quote name='James_Taylor' timestamp='1503751204' post='3360706']
I have a 1984' USA/ Japanese P bass with Lindy Fralin P pickups if you're interested to trade? It's been valued at £1200 because the California Fender plant shut down then and manufacture was moved to the cheaper-to-run Japanese plant that year, but upon inspection of removing the neck, both parts are indeed USA manufactured, with one part being a 57' and the other a 62' (I'd need to check as I can't remember which is modelled on which). I'd much rather have a Warwick Thumb for the kind of music I'm playing these days than a P bass. More my kind of vibe. Let me know what you think, I can provide pics if you're interested.
[/quote]

Id love some Pics. I have an 84 MIJ P and I love it so looking for USA but yeah send me some pics mate!

I've yet to play an American that plays or sounds any better than an '84 Japanese tbh! I was going to get an '85 USA for nearly triple the cost (and all black with a maple fretboard) but this played and sounded MUCH better. Much better build quality and fretwork too. I wouldn't get rid of it at all if it weren't for the fact that the exact bass tone I want right now is a Warwick Thumb (ideally the 6 string but I'd be happy with the low B as I'm traditionally a 5 string player anyway) Here's some pics I just took!

• 4 weeks later...