Why become a member? ×

6 x 10 tlt back cab

Kevin Dean

I gig an Ampeg SVT 610 HLF cab, fits in the back of my Ford Mondeo with 2/3rds of the back seat down and a flight cased SVT Classic in front of it, still leaving the last 1/3rd of the rear seat setup for a passenger. I regularly lift it in and out of the car on my own, band mates help lift it up steps or stairs.

I`m in the midst of securing a deal for one of the RM610s myself, hopefully it will go through so I`ll offer my thoughts if it does. And agree, Kevin, they do look cool (which isn`t my only reason for wanting one, but it is a factor).

After I was forced to sell my 69er I built myself a 6x10. Not the lightest cab in the world, ceramic speakers, but very easy to move about. Sounds great and I can always hear what I'm playing.

To move it I just lean it back and pull, rolls along nicely on the 2 large wheels underneath. I put a handy handle on the bottom so my band mates can help me up stairs as well. Handle on the top and a handle either side, covers all eventualities. I've put speakons on the back and also one on each side so that I can just push the cab against the wall and can always plug it in easily.

We have a ramp to get the gear in the van and I can easily drag it in and into position.

Looks quite business like as well. I think you'll be quite happy.

Had an SWR 8x8 cab, lean back style. Didn't prove a problem unless (like Daleks) there
were stairs involved.
Having a van / vehicle with a flat loading area is key, you just angle it to get the optimum
angle, lift and should be reasonably easy to push forward. Some of the SVT style cabs
have 'skids', two rails on the rear which makes this easier too.

Just got the Ashdown RM610, getting it up a flight of stairs on my own was interesting, just need to mod the skid-rails on the back a bit. In and out of the car (estate car) is a doddle. However the tilt-back castors are nothing like a good set of proper castors, on gravel, car-parks etc they`re ok, that`s it.

Edited by Lozz196

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1503309304' post='3356998']
Thank you.

a 6x10 is really too much for me, but the tilt back would make it easier to move than a 4x10
[/quote]

My bf four10 is a one-hand lift..... but a six10 would "look" cooler.

[quote name='bigjimmyc' timestamp='1503320982' post='3357169']
Presume you've seen this one Kevin? [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/305325-markbass-cl106/"]http://basschat.co.u...markbass-cl106/[/url]
Nearly half the weight of the Ashdown equiv.
[/quote]I've got my eye on the Ashdown CL 610 cab 42kg with proper castors not those silly little wheels built into the corner edge . & I'd probably change those to Skate board tracks as seems to becoming a good idea .

[quote name='bigjimmyc' timestamp='1503320269' post='3357156']
Sounds like Lozz has the solution for you with his castors! Where do we buy those Lozz?
[/quote]

Just do a search on evilbay for heavy duty castors. I usually get the 10cm/4" ones. Work out to around £15/£20 for a set of four.