Why become a member? ×

Rack ears - but which ones?

TheGreek

Recently acquired a Gator 4u case and have a 6u case incoming so that I can mount my (1x) TE heads and another TE head with a power amp.

Looked on eBay, the choice and price range is ridiculous for somebody who does know what they're looking for (me!). I've never had to buy rack ears before...

Suggestions/recommendations - please post links where possible.

Thanks in advance...

Tough one this. Although the front rack fixing holes are to one of two international standards, the position of side fixings into the equipment are totally down to the equipment manufacturer who in almost all cases would have produced rack brackets to go with their equipment. I guess you have two options, either find a proper pair of Trace brackets or get some generic ones and drill some holes to suit your amp.

In trying to track down the requisite parts I came across this company which stocks loads of TE parts and the manuals to most models:

[url="https://www.britishaudioservice.com/trace-elliot-parts"]https://www.britisha...ce-elliot-parts[/url]

Hope this helps somebody...

Edited by TheGreek

• 3 weeks later...

I had a similar issue. Provided you have sufficient space in the rack case (you'll need a bit of extra height), you can use a rack shelf. Farnell, RS and many other suppliers sell them. You can bolt the item to the shelf (use the holes for the feet - measure their spacing and drill the shelf appropriately). Worked for me. I also use a shelf to support heavier rack mounted items, such as power amps, so the weight isn't all taken by the front fascia.