Welcome to the new site. We hope you enjoy it. We also hope you like this little sticky note. You can send them to each other or to yourself for reminders. 

Have a read of this thread (click) where I describe some new functions.

Take some time to try the new content search, maybe set up your own custom search and make it your bookmark.

A note about PMs - please read the note in the link above about PMs from the old site.

Thanks for visiting, and enjoy.

(you can dismiss this note so you won’t see it again)

Sign in to follow this  
danbowskill

EHX hot wax

The hot tubes nano sounded great to me ( even without the blend) . I've pre-ordered this now :-)
Let you know my thoughts when it lands

Arrived today
.only had a 10 min blast before going out ......sounds ace, quick impressions are the hot tubes reminds me a bit of the dod250 and the crayon screamer Esq? Both sound lovely .

Interesting! I'm up not sleeping, so I wont be able listen to the demos just now. Hopefully I'll remember to give them a blast in the daytime!

Was just about to post the same pedal here. My Bass Soul Food just died so fancy a shot with this. I'll never buy another drive without the blend pot, so this is great....two drives and a blend pot! Doesn't seem too expensive either for what it is, £110 ish from what I can see.

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1505156882' post='3369916']
Arrived today
.only had a 10 min blast before going out ......sounds ace, quick impressions are the hot tubes reminds me a bit of the dod250 and the crayon screamer Esq? Both sound lovely .
[/quote]

What're your thoughts after a few days with this pedal? Sounds pretty good on YouTube! Does it do the subtle thing well?

To put in context....i play a p bass into a valve amp Drop C with pick, heavyish music with two very driven guitarists. My preferred overdrive is just a little grit that cuts in the mix great............and this does it sublimely :-) I'm in love with both channels as their own thing, when combined it seems to add too much top end :-( so for me I'm not a fan of that. But super worth it for the two great channels.
Highly recommend it.

I bought the Hot Tubes for guitar use, became disenchanted with it, decided to sell it, then didn't because I discovered how well it worked for bass!

Thanks danbowskill. I need a new drive pedal and now I am torn. Think I'll just have to try and get to a shop and try some out. I play a P Bass too, grungey kinda alt rock. I play with three guitarists though we have a few bass driven songs.

Will look to try this versus others like the Way Huge Green Rhino, EBS MultiDrive, OCD, and anything else quality below £150.

Is there any low end loss on this thing? I've had EHX pedals in the past which were fine low gain but once you pushed them they seemed to get lost in the mix.