Why become a member? ×

5 String with wide string spacing at nut AND bridge

No. 8 Wire

[quote name='Mastodon2' timestamp='1502829172' post='3353848']
How about Warwick 5s with the Broad Neck option? IIRC, it's the same neck as they use on the 6 string, but strung for 5 strings instead - really wide spacing. A bit too boaty and big for my tastes, but possibly what you're looking for?
[/quote]

According to theie website, broadneck is still only 47mm on a 5er. I know that doesn't tell the whole story, but not huge by 5er standards. broadneck bridge spacing is a super big 20mm though which could account for the boaty mcboat feeling. If I ever get the opportunity I'll try one out. Quite like the streamer but the other shapes have a phallus thing going on that I can't get into.

[quote name='NJE' timestamp='1502802887' post='3353626']
It isn't the lightest bass in the world, and it does have a slight bit of neck dive, but completely comfortable with a nice wide strap and hasn't ever slipped or taken a nose dive with me. I love the phenolic?? fingerboard, its like ebony and incredibly responsive. Over all it is a great bass for next to nothing used if you can find one.

I have had a Squier vintage modified Precision V and again it was an amazing bass, so much fun to play. I would say that the nut width is thinner than the Deluxe V jazz and probably a bit narrower than my lakland 55-02. It was comfortable for me though and I struggle with tight spacing.

Both great basses but tighter overall spacing on the Precision V.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realise you were looking at a different P5 not the vintage modified.
[/quote]

Yeah, its confusing with all the similar names Squier have used for diffrerent 5ers!

I quite like an phenolic/ebonol fingerboard too. I might have to look into that one.