Why become a member? ×

SOLD Bass Collection Nanyo SB 335
£350

Pinball

Note: now just this one so £400.
A nice lightweight bass, great looker and player with a great tone to match. Pretty rare and origonal.

Active/passive switch, 2 band EQ, volume and and pickup pan. Gotoh hardware. Both active and passive tones sound great to my ears...

When new around 2000 it was a high end bass. Muse fans will know that Chris Wolstenholme used the 4 string BC back then: https://www.youtube....aXfuf8I&fref=gc

If you want more pictures PM me and I'll send you a mail.

Price is + postage

N2.thumb.jpg.1f1fe342dbf68623a639874e57d19d7d.jpg

Nanyo1.jpg

s-l16003.jpg

Nanyo4.jpg

Edited by Pinball
update pictures

[quote name='jahfish' timestamp='1502641297' post='3352614']
Nice, especially the honey burst. Sadly I've given up on 5 strings too much thinking for my tiny brain :(
[/quote]
Yep I have been there, went back to 4's and came back to 5's with a diffrent approach. I now play 5's them like a 4 string most of the time, using the lower B as a rest and then using it when I need it. It works for me :)

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1502643081' post='3352644']
Yep I have been there, went back to 4's and came back to 5's with a diffrent approach. I now play 5's them like a 4 string most of the time, using the lower B as a rest and then using it when I need it. It works for me :)
[/quote]

i did have an SGC Nanyo 5er and it was a lovely bass - one with 2 J pickups. GLWTS

[quote name='jahfish' timestamp='1502643962' post='3352655']
i did have an SGC Nanyo 5er and it was a lovely bass - one with 2 J pickups. GLWTS
[/quote]
Yes they are nice, these ones were the high end modwes with very good elecronics packages that stand up well today IMHO.

[attachment=251330:16426156_10212061351550609_7310319126658594774_n.jpg]

The damage on the green one is a few chips to the hear, I touched them up with a green permanent marker and you can't see really or photograph them

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='6feet7' timestamp='1502650344' post='3352709']
How much do they weigh? Thanks :)
[/quote]
Just tried to weight the green one on the kitchen scales and around 8 1/2 ib
They both feel about the same weight

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1502650837' post='3352714']
Just tried to weight the green one on the kitchen scales and around 8 1/2 ib
They both feel about the same weight
[/quote]

Many thanks. Got to sell a bass first but love that green one.

Bass Collection make nice gear, I have recently been ogling the Rhythm Stick which according to a poster here on the forum Mr. Watt-Roy actually plays live.
Could you tell me what the string spacing is at the nut and at the bridge, please?
Also - what is the finish of the neck, please?
And finally - can they do a passable P-sound by any chance?

Thank you!
Hanry

[quote name='Hanry' timestamp='1502656941' post='3352760']
Could you tell me what the string spacing is at the nut and at the bridge, please?
Also - what is the finish of the neck, please?
And finally - can they do a passable P-sound by any chance?
[/quote]

Lets see, The neck is gloss finish, Seems like a shallow "C" section at the thin end changing to a shallow D as it gets fatter. They are renowned for being good players

String spacing looks like 19mm at the bridge, 38mm to the outside of the strings. Neck width at the nut is 46mm

"Can they do a passable P sound?" Hmm it isn't that type of pass.There is plenty of bass tone on tap thanks to the active EQ and good electronics. Jazz tone yes and agressive warricky tones yes. My band really liked it when I subbed it for my Stingray so it has plenty under the tank but not what I think of as a P bass tone.

Any trial welcome :)

Edited by Pinball

Thank you for the swift and detailed reply, Pinball!

It puzzles me that even though quite a few bassists value the P-tone (at least here in the Bass Chat they do, which is why I decided to join up :-) 90% of all basses have only J- or somethingelse-plus-J sounds. How tiresome :-)

On I search for the "[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/310299-a-bass-some-kind-of-bass-%3B/"]Eierlegende Wollmilchsau[/url]"!

[quote name='jassbass' timestamp='1502692158' post='3352822']
Any trades? Thanks
[/quote]
Yes, I'm always interested but I need to be picky as I'm lucky enough to have what I need already. I just love trying basses and gear.

• 2 weeks later...