Why become a member? ×

WTB Headphones - suggestions?

Rob MacKillop

I realise that most threads seeking recommendations become a case of everyone suggesting what they use, but...

For that money you should be able to get a used or refurbished pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Around Ears. Make sure they're wired though as the wireless ones will cost considerably more.

I recently bought the wireless ones and they're seriously good. Got them refurbished through the Sennheiser outlet which basically meant I got a good as new pair of high end cans at a hefty discount, direct from Sennheiser with warranty.

I listen to (mostly) neo soul, jazz and R&B and find them lovely sounding. Not noticeably hyped in any frequency range, just clear and balanced with good response from top to bottom. They're very well made and look great too if you care about aesthetics. The internet is full of adoring reviews of these so don't take my word alone, do a quick google search. Whatever you end up with though, my advice is not to buy new as you'll save a load of pennies going refurbed or used. But then that would be my advice for buying pretty much anything :lol:

Edited by CameronJ

There are loads of great options in this price range to be fair. Are you intending on using them primarily for casual listening or for studio/recording/mixing? By the sounds of your original post I'm assuming casual listening but thought I should ask just in case!

Well, I went to the Sennheiser refurb site - http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/outlet - and bagged a pair of HD 599's which were half price. They're on their way from Ireland. Very much looking forward to trying them out. I'll be using them for a mixture of recording and general listening.

Thanks for the comments! Appreciated.