Why become a member? ×

Status Necked Jazz (Now sold outside forum)
£850

Joebethell

SOLD OUTSIDE BASSCHAT PENDING THE USUAL

The time has come to part with the beautiful bass.

I don't know the full story behind the build if it was a custom made bass or if it was a very well made self build I purchased the bass from Wunjo a while back after falling for it in the shop and paid a lot more than I'm asking.

The body is one piece construction of either Ash or Alder with a lovely brown finish, status Jazz neck which is amazing to play really smooth with superb frets that mean you can get a low action and no buzz (currently strung with la bella low tension flats)
Tuners and Bridge are Shaller with a gun metal finish that has been aged/brushed back to show the copper which is real effective. The bass also has a one off scratch plate and control cover which are slightly different to your average jazz.

Pickups are marked with what looks like SMB 71-10 and a date of 04-15. currently connected to a 6way selector (like tonestyler) two volumes and a push pull for series/Parallel for that fat humbucker sound.

Will come with a fender gig bag your welcome to come try the bass or I'm happy to posted (it will be boxed up very well etc)

850ono not really looking for trades but if the right short scale came along or could be tempted by some electronic/synth gear

Edited by Joebethell

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1502367771' post='3350968']
Love it. You gotta love that control plate.
[/quote]
Great touch, going to [s]rip that off[/s] borrow the idea if I ever do a J project.

Stunning bass, GLWTS!

[quote name='NickA' timestamp='1502379351' post='3351101']
This was at the East Mids Bass Bash, yes? I remember there was one bloke couldn't put it down. Lovely feel to that (truss-rod free) carbon neck.
[/quote]

I might be mistaken but I thought the Status replacement necks did have truss rods... my Stingray one did, anyway. Either way - lovely bass indeed. Love graphite!

Lovely to see this bass again.

I built it.

I sold it to Wunjo's who said it went right away to a new home.

The neck does have a trussrod, and the body is one piece French Alder. Very light and resonant.

The scratchplate is made from a special imported material. I haven't seen any more of it.
The control cavity cover is hand made from 2mm brass sheet and then patinated to give the dark brown colour.

The body finish is very thin, very hard melamine lacquer.

Somebody should jump on this. It cost more than the asking price to build.

Karl

[quote name='Karl Derrick' timestamp='1502400799' post='3351275']
Lovely to see this bass again.

I built it.

I sold it to Wunjo's who said it went right away to a new home.

The neck does have a trussrod, and the body is one piece French Alder. Very light and resonant.

The scratchplate is made from a special imported material. I haven't seen any more of it.
The control cavity cover is hand made from 2mm brass sheet and then patinated to give the dark brown colour.

The body finish is very thin, very hard melamine lacquer.

Somebody should jump on this. It cost more than the asking price to build.

Karl
[/quote] nice to finally know where the bass came from. It's a beauty but I can't justify keeping at this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i have had a couple of questions do here goes the weight on my scales is 9.42lbs which is a surprise the body is one piece alder so I'm guessing that adds to the weight but on the strap it really doesn't feel that heavy. (your welcome to come try the bass)

Second I'm located in Market Harborough Leicestershire thanks.